WAR FTP

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
jimmowatt

Post by jimmowatt »

I've recently set up a program on my machine so I can make a directory of my computer available online.
I was hoping this may get around the problem of lack of web space so I could leave in progress files up there in case anyone wanted to have a listen to them.
I seem to be having a few problems with it at the moment.
Kri has tried to log on to it and it and it won't let her.
Has anyone used this program before?
The program is called war ftp .Its web page is http://www.jgaa.com
has anyone encountered a step by step guide for setting it up?
Do you get blocked too if you try to log on to it?
I've set my machine up on umor.homeftp.org
so if you're trying to access it from explorer you would type in ftp://umor.homeftp.org (or just click that link)and it should show you my directory structure.
kri

Post by kri »

Jim!! You didn't say it had to be ftp://!! It works when I use ftp:// instead of http://
JickBahTech

Post by JickBahTech »

Hey,
Had no problems jumping right there, so it looks like it's working fine.

Do you like war? I was thinking of doing something similar, but going with Filezilla or something like it.

Your thoughts?
Thomas Bailey Aldrich (1870)
"A woman is sitting alone in a house. She knows she is alone in the whole world; every other living thing is dead. The doorbell rings."
kayray

Post by kayray »

I clicked the ftp link in your first post and connected (in firefox) to something with four directories. In the pub/ directory I see some St. George files so I guess it's working fine! And it wouldn't let me browse any higher, which is good :)
Kara
http://kayray.org/
--------
"Mary wished to say something very sensible into her Zoom H2 Handy Recorder, but knew not how." -- Jane Austen (& Kara)
jimmowatt

Post by jimmowatt »

kri wrote:Jim!! You didn't say it had to be ftp://!! It works when I use ftp:// instead of http://
Whooops!
Sorry for not making that clear.
Aldark

Post by Aldark »

Interesting... I can't access it from work due to lovely restrictions.... but are you allowed to setup password protection, etc?
jimmowatt

Post by jimmowatt »

JickBahTech wrote:Hey,
Had no problems jumping right there, so it looks like it's working fine.

Do you like war? I was thinking of doing something similar, but going with Filezilla or something like it.

Your thoughts?
So far it's looked fine although I've done little more than unpack it, shove some files in there and get a free domain redirection thing from dyndns.
It seems like it should do exactly what I want it to do especially as the computer is on most of the time to download and seed torrents.

Thanks for checking it out for me.
If you spot any security problems please let me know.
jimmowatt

Post by jimmowatt »

kayray wrote:I clicked the ftp link in your first post and connected (in firefox) to something with four directories. In the pub/ directory I see some St. George files so I guess it's working fine! And it wouldn't let me browse any higher, which is good :)
Exactly what it should be doing.
Wonderful!
Thanks for testing it for me.
jimmowatt

Post by jimmowatt »

Aldark wrote:Interesting... I can't access it from work due to lovely restrictions.... but are you allowed to setup password protection, etc?
I think so, yes.
It seems to have 3 different levels of login:
Sysadmin
Regular User
Anonymous
and various settings for how long various levels of users can be logged on and how much they can download.
Aldark

Post by Aldark »

jimmowatt wrote:
Aldark wrote:Interesting... I can't access it from work due to lovely restrictions.... but are you allowed to setup password protection, etc?
I think so, yes.
It seems to have 3 different levels of login:
Sysadmin
Regular User
Anonymous
and various settings for how long various levels of users can be logged on and how much they can download.
Cool! I'll have to check it out.