Suggest a "Staff Pick" for archive.org

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

The Countess of Lowndes Square is a collection of short stories. They don't all involve crimes and whatnot, but several of them have to do with blackmail and other crimes. And they're all actually pretty humorous. One of them is a bit heavier, "In the Dark," but it turns out ok in the end. :wink:
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

The staff has picked for July, thanks for your suggestions! Please have a look at this page for the current list. You can also check out our wiki page for a plain vanilla list that contains all the staff picks for this year plus the readers!

As the next month will see our LibriVox Anniversary, I will prepare a little birthday surprise for the staff picks.

See you then! :D
Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox, channelling
Granny Weatherwax: "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

Happy Anniversary!

The staff has picked for August! Please have a look at this page for the current list. You can also check out our wiki page for a plain vanilla list that contains all the staff picks for this year plus the readers!

The theme for next month will be, celebrating the new school year:

Learn something new!
I am happy about all suggestions concerning learning / school / discoveries / new frontiers and how to stretch them yet further...

Especially welcome are suggestions of plays and poetry.

Thanks for your help! :D
Cheers, Ava.

--
AvailleAudio.com
DACSoft

Post by DACSoft »

First-time nominator, and shamelessly ( :D ) suggesting the following school-related fiction offerings:

1. https://librivox.org/the-riverpark-rebellion-by-homer-greene/ (military school)

2. https://librivox.org/baseball-joe-on-the-school-nine-by-howard-r-garis/ (boarding school - college prep)

3. https://librivox.org/baseball-joe-at-yale-by-howard-r-garis/ (college)

Don
commonsparrow3

Post by commonsparrow3 »

If putting in a plug for one of my own projects is okay, I'd like to suggest Annual Reports to the Massachusetts Board of Education by Horace Mann. Mr. Mann is known as the "Father of the Common School". His reports, written between 1838 and 1848, laid out the basic principles that led to the system of free public schools in the United States. I am just one section away from finishing this project, and expect it to be available in the catalog by the end of August. The project thread is here: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=55626
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

Good to know!

I'll probably do the staff picks this weekend or early next week ;-)
Cheers, Ava.

--
AvailleAudio.com
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

commonsparrow3 wrote: August 23rd, 2018, 10:44 pm If putting in a plug for one of my own projects is okay, I'd like to suggest Annual Reports to the Massachusetts Board of Education by Horace Mann. Mr. Mann is known as the "Father of the Common School". His reports, written between 1838 and 1848, laid out the basic principles that led to the system of free public schools in the United States. I am just one section away from finishing this project, and expect it to be available in the catalog by the end of August. The project thread is here: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=55626

I am cataloging the project right now. It is HUGE, so deriving is taking a bit longer than expected. But, almost done!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

Great, thanks for letting me know! I'm sure it'll be fully derived by Saturday!
Cheers, Ava.

--
AvailleAudio.com
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

That one took forever to derive! Finished and covered, all 37 hours! https://librivox.org/annual-reports-to-the-massachusetts-board-of-education-by-horace-mann/
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

The staff has picked for September, thanks for your input! Please have a look at this page for the current list. You can also check out our wiki page for a plain vanilla list that contains all the staff picks for this year plus the readers!

The theme for next month will be seasonal:

AUTUMN

I am happy about all suggestions concerning autumn / weather / fog / darkness / rain / turning leaves / autumn of life...

Cheers, Ava.

--
AvailleAudio.com
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

The staff has picked for October, once again that meeting was a bit lonely... :( Please have a look at this page for the current list. You can also check out our wiki page for a plain vanilla list that contains all the staff picks for this year plus the readers!

The theme for next month will be historical

End of WWI in 1918

I am happy about all suggestions concerning WWI and its ending, historic events, treaties, stories from the war, fictional stories from the war - but this time with a slant towards people coming home and events in the aftermath of the war, please.

Cheers, Ava.

--
AvailleAudio.com
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Ava - you are always so good at the write-up on the Staff Picks! The way you string together the picks is always so delightful. Thank you for doing this! :)
School fiction: David Blaize
Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

did you manage for november? i could dig around a little more if there were not enough suggestions :)
Carolin
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

Thank you Carolin - I have finished my list and I'm working to write it up as usual. Life (and work) has been extremely busy these days, more than usual... :?
Cheers, Ava.

--
AvailleAudio.com