Suggest a "Staff Pick" for archive.org

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
RuthieG

Post by RuthieG »

Archive.org. which hosts our files, has a page for Librivox at http://www.archive.org/details/librivoxaudio which features various lists of most downloaded items, new releases, recent reviews etc.

Also included is a list of "Staff Picks" which, we have just found out, we can choose ourselves. :D

I shall be updating the list of "Staff Picks" every week or two from now on. [EDIT 2020: Now it's done every month.] So, if you have any favourites you would like to be included, please post your suggestions here.

I should like to have a variety of fiction, non-fiction, other languages, classics and lesser-known works, and would be particularly interested in anything topical, so if you feel your suggestion would be especially appropriate for a particular time of year, please make a note of this in your post.

Ruth
My LV catalogue page | RuthieG's CataBlog of recordings | Tweet: @RuthGolding
RuthieG

Post by RuthieG »

NoDecaf

Post by NoDecaf »

chocoholic
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by chocoholic »

For future use, you could go down Steampunk's Favorites (recommendations from lots of people).
Laurie Anne
Bear Creek Mama

Post by Bear Creek Mama »

RuthieG

Post by RuthieG »

I have added this one. I should warn that it isn't working quite as smoothly as I had hoped... it seems to take an age for the page to update, despite me flushing the WWW caches. :)

Ruth
RuthieG

Post by RuthieG »

chocoholic wrote:For future use, you could go down Steampunk's Favorites (recommendations from lots of people).
Yes, I'll do this. :)

Ruth
smijen

Post by smijen »

Hi Ruth - If there's still a Christmas slot, I recommend The Birds' Christmas Carol. I am a bit partial since I BC'd it, but it is a short sweet story with a wonderful message and some lovely singing.
Android users - try Orthografiend, a free word game from the maker of Checker.
RuthieG

Post by RuthieG »

Thank you! The Christmas Staff Picks are now full, and I am looking for next week's. They don't have to be topical, but I am going to include:

Old and New Year Ditties

So if anyone has any suggestions, fire away. I shall choose from the What are your Favourite Recordings? thread for some of them, too.

Ruth
hugh
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by hugh »

should we keep the current picks xmasy? if so, i have no suggestions ... i am an xmas humbug! ;-)
RuthieG

Post by RuthieG »

hugh wrote:should we keep the current picks xmasy? if so, i have no suggestions ... i am an xmas humbug! ;-)
Bah! etc etc.

I have just done Christmas picks, as it was easy, quick and seasonal. I'd like lots of varied suggestions for following weeks. :)

Ruth
smijen

Post by smijen »

I'm currently enjoying A Lady's Visit to the Gold Diggings of Australia. It's a duet, read by annise and luciburg, catalogued Nov.22.
Android users - try Orthografiend, a free word game from the maker of Checker.
thistlechick

Post by thistlechick »

Really enjoyed The Wrong Box by Robert Louis Stevenson and Lloyd Osbourne http://librivox.org/the-wrong-box-by-robert-louis-stevenson-and-lloyd-osbourne/ ... it made me giggle ... perhaps a humorous stories theme sometime?

Oh, in that case, add Pigs is Pigs http://librivox.org/short-story-collection-001/
~ Betsie
Multiple projects lead to multiple successes!
SmokestackJones

Post by SmokestackJones »

Hey Ruthie,

Any chance I could sneak in my solo version of A Christmas Carol? (bats eyelashes coquettishly)

-SJ
If I'm not me, who am I? And if I'm somebody else, why do I look like me?
-Popeye

Beblach!

My DVD Collection
RuthieG

Post by RuthieG »

SmokestackJones wrote:Any chance I could sneak in my solo version of A Christmas Carol? (bats eyelashes coquettishly)
The eyelashes have it (a too frightening thought :lol:). It may take a little while to replace the other version.

Ruth