Settngs for Audacity?

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
Genki

Post by Genki »

I was wondering if someone here might offer some helpful hints on how to use Audacity with Mac OSX. What, for instance, are the optimal settings for best quality, regardless of file size? Is using an iSight camera as the Input Device okay, or is a headset necessary? Whenver I try to record something, I get this buzzing sound in the background. I tried changing the settings, but it wouldn't go away. I even tried using the eternal microphone. Anyway, a little help would be greatly appreciated.

callmegenki@hotmail.com
kri

Post by kri »

Genki wrote:I was wondering if someone here might offer some helpful hints on how to use Audacity with Mac OSX. What, for instance, are the optimal settings for best quality, regardless of file size? Is using an iSight camera as the Input Device okay, or is a headset necessary? Whenver I try to record something, I get this buzzing sound in the background. I tried changing the settings, but it wouldn't go away. I even tried using the eternal microphone. Anyway, a little help would be greatly appreciated.

callmegenki@hotmail.com
Do you happen to use a Macbook? It seems to me there have been repeated problems with macbooks and audacity (or just macbooks ingeneral). I'm not sure.

Honestly the problem is likely not with audacity. It's probably with hardware somewhere. Soundcard, mic, whatever.