Hi There.. Wanna Add Turkish....

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
katmaca

Post by katmaca »

I just wanna add Turkish to the "advanced search- languages" section of the search page. How can I achieve that?

Tnx already.

Kivanc Atmaca
(I've posted my 1st Turkish Poem recently).
Peace in the world, peace in the country. M.K.Atatürk
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Hi
How exciting . The collection containing your poem isn't completed yet , so it won't be on the catalogue yet :cry: . I'm not sure whether things automatically show in the drop down when there is a result for that language or whether it has to be added but someone will come along and tell you and I hope the collection fills up so it can be catalogued and available for everybody :D

Anne
russiandoll

Post by russiandoll »

Hi again,

Yes, Anne's quite right: with collections like the multilingual poetry you've submitted to, the details of all the sections - including languages - only get recorded in the database when the collection is complete. But when it is, then certainly Turkish will be added to the list of languages - I hope it won't be too long! Of course, if you wanted to submit another Turkish poem to it, it would bring it one section closer to completion :wink:.

Thank you so much for adding another new language to LibriVox's variety, and please stick around and record more! If you're interested, there looks to be one space still free in the multilingual Universal Declaration of Human Rights project: we would be delighted to have it filled with a Turkish version.

rd
English is the lingua franca par excellence
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Are there Terkish classics in the public domain?
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.
katmaca

Post by katmaca »

miss stav wrote:Are there Terkish classics in the public domain?
I'm not so sure about "Terkish", but so positive about "Turkish" (Ha-Ha). I've got limited leisure time. When I can spare some time, I can sure find them. Do you have smthng on your mind?
katmaca

Post by katmaca »

I just want to know if you have something in your mind. Please let me know if I can be of any help.

Take care.
Kivanc Atmaca
Cori

Post by Cori »

Are there any public domain (published before 1923) Turkish translations of Aesop's Fables..? Because they're so short, they're easy to record, and we have them in several languages already -- it would be fantastic to add Turkish to the list. Fun to listen to on their own, and a great resource for people learning Turkish, too.

[Edited to add: and it would be cool to have the "first" Turkish novel, too ... Taaşuk-u Tal'at ve Fitnat (تعشق طلعت و فطنت) by Şemsettin Sami ... which would definitely be in the public domain now.]
There's honestly no such thing as a stupid question -- but I'm afraid I can't rule out giving a stupid answer : : To Posterity and Beyond!
katmaca

Post by katmaca »

Yes, there are so many links to Turkish translations of Aesop's Fables. But, all are for the hardcopy of the translations of the fables. Nothing that I could find to voice in the public domain.

Some of these are:

http://www.tulumba.com.tr/storeitem.asp?ic=zBK330837BH280&t=Ezop'tan%20G%C3%BCn%C3%BCm%C3%BCze%20Hayvan%20%C3%96yk%C3%BCleri

and

http://www.hemenkitap.com/magaza/prddet.php?pid=81833