Are you going to actually READ that chapter...?

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
Gesine

Post by Gesine » March 4th, 2006, 4:25 am

Good luck with your Brahms, Catherine! What do you play?

Lyra, I've added you to the list in the first post - I'm helping Chip out a bit because he cannot possibly be here all the time - just look at his own list! Besides, I'm in a different (time) zone :)

Chip, I've also added everyone from the thread in Suggestions, and have posted a message to direct people here.

Happy March Jamboree, everyone! It's so exciting to see how many people are doing this together :)
"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein

Gesine

Post by Gesine » March 4th, 2006, 4:29 am

Woohoo Kara! Yes, I agree it's fun to read. Even the Wake is fun to read, one has so much freedom as to pronunciation, and everything takes on different meanings accordingly...
"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein

vee

Post by vee » March 4th, 2006, 12:24 pm

I'm done with my readings, should be able to finish all three chapters of editing in a few hours
Chris Vee
"You never truly understand something until you can explain it to your grandmother." - Albert Einstein

raynr

Post by raynr » March 4th, 2006, 12:38 pm

My contribution for the Jamboree is up to now negative: I bought a new microfone and the difference to my old equipment is so great that I decided to do my Descartes-chapter (which just needed to be uploaded) and my Darwin-chapter (needed editing in some parts) all over again. But I already recorded a fairy tale with the new microfone.
"Everything in the world exists in order to end in a book." (Stéphane Mallarmé)

kayray
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by kayray » March 4th, 2006, 1:14 pm

Heidi ch 1 is done (and proof-listened!)

Ulysses ch 2 is submitted.

Getting of wisdom ch 2 is submitted.

Yay me! :)
Kara
http://kayray.org/
--------
"Mary wished to say something very sensible into her Zoom H2 Handy Recorder, but knew not how." -- Jane Austen (& Kara)

Gesine

Post by Gesine » March 4th, 2006, 1:26 pm

Yay you indeed, and yay vee as well, and sort of yay Rainer! ;)

Chip doesn't seem to be about, so I'll add you all to the intro thread.

LibraryLady

Post by LibraryLady » March 4th, 2006, 1:28 pm

While you're at it, I did two short poems: Lie-Awake Song and Sometimes, and Ch. 1 of Anne of Avonlea. :)

Rainer - I know what you're going through. When I got my new mic, I rerecorded an hour and a half section of Leaves of Grass!
Annie Coleman Rothenberg
http://www.anniecoleman.com/

"I hear the sound I love, the sound of the human voice." ~Whitman

Gesine

Post by Gesine » March 4th, 2006, 1:38 pm

OK Annie, you're listed (hey, you can edit yourself!! :)).

Rainer's new mic sounds great.

As does Alessia's, she has just recorded her Through the Looking Glass chapter with it. Hmmm, I should get a new mic myself... maybe I'll pick one up when I'm next in IT civilisation.

Oh, and kaseumin has just sprang a whole Japanese book with 45 chapters (in 5 handy files) on me, which I catalogued immediately! Do listen to it, it's beautifully read. I like listening to it whilst following the English translation on screen. :)

heatherausten

Post by heatherausten » March 4th, 2006, 3:48 pm

I just finished recording and editing ch. 7 of the Secret Adversary. Yay!

I'm well underway on my Domestic Cookery section, but it's a pretty big project, so I won't be finishing it this weekend, just so you know. :D
~Heather~

Gesine

Post by Gesine » March 4th, 2006, 5:24 pm

Great, Heather! :)

Alessia

Post by Alessia » March 4th, 2006, 5:24 pm

yep!the new mic makes things way easier :)
Gesine, I wish you good luck for your "mic hunting" within the Italian territory...I couldn't find a usb mic neither in Savona nor in Genoa :roll:

Gesine

Post by Gesine » March 4th, 2006, 5:26 pm

Hehe - I meant IT=information technology, not IT=Italy... although the nearest big town is probably on Sicily.

Alessia

Post by Alessia » March 4th, 2006, 5:44 pm

... :oops:...well, I could not start a new day without showing my ignorance of abbreviations :wink:

vee

Post by vee » March 4th, 2006, 8:31 pm

Ok Chapters 29-31 of the Spy done.

I finished them a few hours ago but started uploading them and fell asleep :) Well how's everyone else doing?
Chris Vee
"You never truly understand something until you can explain it to your grandmother." - Albert Einstein

Squiddhartha

Post by Squiddhartha » March 4th, 2006, 9:29 pm

I'm sitting in a hotel room, thousands of miles from my good recording gear, but I'm going to bang out my remaining chapters of Pride & Prejudice regardless -- Logitech headset and background noise and all -- just to prove that I still belong to this project. :)
This username is also my Gmail address.
"But if you've got a nuclear bomb, then you don't need the Jell-O!"