March LibriVox Weekend Jamboree!

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
ChipDoc

Post by ChipDoc »

The first weekend of the month is almost here - time to start planning for this month's LibriVox Jamboree! For those who don't know, the first weekend of the month is set aside for a special push to get a lot of reading done. We'll have over 1,000 members at that point and if everyone tries to make a point to get SOMETHING read over the weekend, we'll be able to wrap up a lot of lingering projects.

So now's the time! Pick out projects for the upcoming weekend and let's all have fun and get a lot accomplished at the same time!
-Chip
Retired to Colorado
The man who does not read good books has no advantage over the man who cannot read them.
~Mark Twain
deadwhitemales

Post by deadwhitemales »

I think that this is a great idea! I'm down for a few already... maybe I can squeeze in just one more. :shock:
Eric Jean

60 more credits to go... 60 more credits to go...
kayray

Post by kayray »

Ulysses, ch. 2

Need I say more? ;-)
Kara
http://kayray.org/
--------
"Mary wished to say something very sensible into her Zoom H2 Handy Recorder, but knew not how." -- Jane Austen (& Kara)
LibraryLady

Post by LibraryLady »

Heh, yup. Last jamboree I did the first half of Ulysses Ch. 8. This jamboree will definitely include the second half and probably also my Origin of Species chapter.
Annie Coleman Rothenberg
http://www.anniecoleman.com/

"I hear the sound I love, the sound of the human voice." ~Whitman
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

Hey Chip, good thinking! Will you put into the intro thread what people want to do and tick it off as they post to say they've done it? Then we can easily see the results later.

I'll try to record and edit:

The Spy, chapters 21 & 22
The Adventures of Pinocchio, chapter 18
Lady Susan, some letters
"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein
kri

Post by kri »

OK, I'm going to be a little over-optimistic.

Finish Wife of Bath
Les Liaisons Dangereuses (a few paragraphs)
Agatha Christie: Chapter 05 -- Mr. Julius P. Hersheimmer
Chapter 27 Oliver Twist
RobertG

Post by RobertG »

I've been swamped this past week and the weekend but will commit to having Spirits in Bondage ready for a proof-listen during Jamboree Weekend so that the book can be released.

It takes all those great listeners to also make the Jamboree work!
[size=92]http://climber53.com
[i]a one thin dime production[/i][/size]
[size=75][color=blue]-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-[/color]
[url=http://librivox.org/wiki/moin.cgi/RobertGarrison]project status is in the wiki[/url][/size]
thistlechick

Post by thistlechick »

My plan for next weekend is to rent a pile of movies and see how much of Pan Tadeusz I can get scanned... 215 pages total to scan.
~ Betsie
Multiple projects lead to multiple successes!
DSayers

Post by DSayers »

In the spirit of "March Madness" I have posted the last 9 of Blake's Songs of Experience, which means that that wonderful compendium can go into post-production. Thank you to coordinators and Metadata Dieties everywhere that bring our heart-felt recordings to the light of day!

-Denny Mike
DSayers

Post by DSayers »

Thistlechick (Betsie): All my Polish friends appreciate what you have set out to do this weekend!

-denny mike
thistlechick

Post by thistlechick »

DSayers wrote:Thistlechick (Betsie): All my Polish friends appreciate what you have set out to do this weekend!

-denny mike
Really? any chance that they will help us record it when I have it all scanned? ... or perhaps they would rather work on recording a version in Polish?
~ Betsie
Multiple projects lead to multiple successes!
vee

Post by vee »

I should hopefully be able to finish all three chapters of The Spy during the Jamboree. I might even get to some more Phantom, but we'll see how my voice holds up.
Chris Vee
"You never truly understand something until you can explain it to your grandmother." - Albert Einstein
heatherausten

Post by heatherausten »

Oh, goodie. My modest goal will be to record and edit The Secret Adversary -- Prologue (Agatha Christie).

Edit: I found time to finish the prologue this week, so I am adjusting my goal to record chapter 7 of the same book.
~Heather~
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

I've added everybody to the list in http://librivox.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1530 - the March Jamboree has moved there, please post when you've got something done, or to tell us what you're doing! :)
"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein