suggestion (id3 tag)

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
johnyeros

Post by johnyeros » February 20th, 2006, 9:02 am

First I would like to said, Librivox is awesome. The readers sound very professional and there's not really any to something that I buy in the store. I have a suggestion for librivox. Since a lot of these recording will be playing in mp3 player (I guess like podcast), I find it very useful to set all the genre of the audio books to "Audio Books" so they are easy to manage and find in mp3 players. What do you guys think?
Bao Nguyen

Peter Why

Post by Peter Why » February 20th, 2006, 11:40 am

Curious, the tag editor that I use (MP3Tag) doesn't list Audio Book as a genre.

vee

Post by vee » February 20th, 2006, 11:50 am

I'm not sure that there is an official list. Some systems allow you to just enter one in.
Chris Vee
"You never truly understand something until you can explain it to your grandmother." - Albert Einstein

LibraryLady

Post by LibraryLady » February 20th, 2006, 11:51 am

We decided a while ago to use "Speech" as our standard genre for the ID3 tags. I think this makes them pretty easy to get to quickly on my iPod because there aren't many other things on it there are considered "Speech." "Audiobooks" would be more specific but I think we're commited to using "Speech" at this point. But thank you for your suggestion! :)
Annie Coleman Rothenberg
http://www.anniecoleman.com/

"I hear the sound I love, the sound of the human voice." ~Whitman

HerrSchildkroete

Post by HerrSchildkroete » February 20th, 2006, 3:09 pm

Well, if the tag is ID3v1, you can only choose from the officialy supported genres. For ID3v2 the Genre is just any word, so you can change it to anything you want. Maybe we should just choose to add the genre "LibriVox" to every recording :)
Jabber ID: smurflord@jabber.org