I still love Librivox

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
nomenphile

Post by nomenphile »

Hello Everyone,
Most of you probably don't remember me. I used to be around quite a bit, but have been very much occupied with other things lately.
I just wanted to say that I still love Librivox. It has truly changed my life. I am dyslexic, so reading has always been laborious and slow for me and to have so much literature in a format that I can both access and afford is absolutely wonderful. It is like coming home to a country that speaks my native language after living for a long time in some land whose tongue I could never quite learn.
Thank you all for your good work.
Nomenphile
a.k.a. "The Hungry Ear"
Cori

Post by Cori »

I remember seeing you around, a while back ... and hope to see more of you soon too!

<sings> You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave ...
There's honestly no such thing as a stupid question -- but I'm afraid I can't rule out giving a stupid answer : : To Posterity and Beyond!
kayray

Post by kayray »

Of course, I remember you well! Who could forget The Hungry Ear? It's nice to see you here again. :)
Kara
http://kayray.org/
--------
"Mary wished to say something very sensible into her Zoom H2 Handy Recorder, but knew not how." -- Jane Austen (& Kara)
BradBush

Post by BradBush »

I still love Librivox too! I was happy to hear my accoustic guitar remix theme Cori used in the podcast #80 today, it made me nostalgic. I am still so busy that reading (for myself or for librivox) is a luxury. Keep up the good work. 1,500... wow.. who would have thought it a few years ago. \

Brad
kayray

Post by kayray »

BradBush wrote: 1,500... wow.. who would have thought it a few years ago.
It is hard to believe, isn't it! I hope you and your family are all doing well :)
Kara
http://kayray.org/
--------
"Mary wished to say something very sensible into her Zoom H2 Handy Recorder, but knew not how." -- Jane Austen (& Kara)
BradBush

Post by BradBush »

Doing really well. Hope yours is doing the same.
DSayers

Post by DSayers »

Good to see you again ... you set an early example of great proof-listening!

-denny