amazon buys audible!

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
Jc

Post by Jc »

Robert Scott wrote: Sometimes it pains me to know that you are involved in the education of youths .... ah but so is the deal ....not all get the best now do they?
:!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:
Put yourself in the Readers' Accents Table. See this post.
(Busy real life & traveling, sorry if not here often.)
gypsygirl

Post by gypsygirl »

Robert Scott wrote:Sometimes it pains me to know that you are involved in the education of youths .... ah but so is the deal ....not all get the best now do they?
Dude, not nice! Rule #1 of LibriVox: Be nice.
Karen S.
Cloud Mountain

Post by Cloud Mountain »

Robert:

One man's play is another's sarcasm. Please don't judge me through your perceptions. The problems we have with language are based on our sureties that everyone's in the same boat. The more uncertain we are as to who's in what boat, the more we begin to forget we're all in boats at all —and start to think we're on solid ground. The same holds true for forum posters and regular guys who come up with great ideas that make everyman feel like he own's the world and is especially important.

I have to admire your stictoitiveness. But the horse is already dead. My ongoing playfulness, mistaken for something else, is simply to point that out. I say, let's go out and have a coupla beers. I'll tell you about the time in seminary when the head priest told me that it's great to feed the herd, but silly to work so hard at trying to feed a cow a whole bale. He also told me that when you get really personal with someone, that's when he/she start feeling very uncomfortable.

I appologize ahead of time. Publicly. For having fun. <Pisssst! No one's listening. :roll: >

Un-administratively, speaking in a friendly way. I think (it's just a thought, not a directive) that we should close this thread.
Last edited by Cloud Mountain on February 2nd, 2008, 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[url=http://librivox.org/newcatalog/people_public.php?peopleid=254]Alan's LV catalog[/url]
Cloud Mountain

Post by Cloud Mountain »

Robert Scott wrote:
That knowing how under paid educators are CM deserved to be better compensated for such brillancy ... an Abbie Hoffman reference and a call back to the 60's .... genius absolute genius !!!!

Bravo CM Bravo Masterfully done !!!

hip hip horray for you you clever fellow !!!

:o
That is the best laugh I've gotten in many many weeks here at LV. Thank you Robert. On so many levels.
[url=http://librivox.org/newcatalog/people_public.php?peopleid=254]Alan's LV catalog[/url]
Cloud Mountain

Post by Cloud Mountain »

Unnatural men? See. There you go again, assuming. What kind of a priest do you think I'm speaking about. Answer me first, before I respond...
Cloud Mountain

Post by Cloud Mountain »

Yawn... I'm going to sleep...
earthcalling

Post by earthcalling »

Robert,

I apologise for letting frustration get the better of me.

David
SSherris

Post by SSherris »

Robert Scott wrote:If the above request is denied ( by the small elite controling group ) then I would request that all my recordings be removed from the LV catalog and deleted from Archive.org as I did not fully understand that PD ment FREE TO SELL and Not FREE FOR ALL
( the same rights waiver that the Founder objects to other entities using )
Ahh - OK. I think this will actually help you understand what Public Domain means, Robert. You don't own the recordings you made here any longer. You've dedicated them to the public domain. That means they belong to everybody and each person has the right to decide what to do with them. That means they can be hosted on archive.org. That means someone can sell them on EBay. That means someone could alter your voice to make it sound funny. It does mean that you have the right to take it off the web yourself, but you can't force anyone else to.

So, sorry, but that genie can't be put back in its bottle. Hopefully this will help you understand why Librivox will never get rich off your work. Because we can't stop anyone else from distributing or selling our work either. Anyway, sorry you didn't understand what PD meant before. But that's what it means. For further reading, enjoy Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Public_domain