Recording Jamboree!

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
kri

Post by kri »

I decidedly did nothing today, and won't have time tomorrow. So much for Kri and the first Librivox Jamboree. However, I do have a good excuse. My new (temporary) obsession with knitting my first....scarf-almost-big-enough-to-be-a-shawl piece.
kayray

Post by kayray »

Sometimes you've just GOT to knit! I totally understand :)
Kara
http://kayray.org/
--------
"Mary wished to say something very sensible into her Zoom H2 Handy Recorder, but knew not how." -- Jane Austen (& Kara)
thistlechick

Post by thistlechick »

*three cheers for knitting*

how's everyone else doing on their weekend goals?

*heads off to edit*
~ Betsie
Multiple projects lead to multiple successes!
hugh
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by hugh »

must get whitman done today! perhaps as I watch superbowl with sound off??
ChipDoc

Post by ChipDoc »

You'd probably be better served to get Whitman done before the game starts. You wouldn't want to miss any of those commercials! ;)

I've been getting quite a lot done here, but I've really GOT to close this thing down and go do my laundry... maybe after just one more reading!
-Chip
Retired to Colorado
The man who does not read good books has no advantage over the man who cannot read them.
~Mark Twain
LibraryLady

Post by LibraryLady »

ChipDoc wrote:You'd probably be better served to get Whitman done before the game starts. You wouldn't want to miss any of those commercials! ;)

I've been getting quite a lot done here, but I've really GOT to close this thing down and go do my laundry... maybe after just one more reading!
OMG I'm so glad you said that! If I don't start my laundry I'll have nothing to wear to work tomorrow. Okay... closing Librivox browser window....
Annie Coleman Rothenberg
http://www.anniecoleman.com/

"I hear the sound I love, the sound of the human voice." ~Whitman
thistlechick

Post by thistlechick »

*tap dances across the screen*
oh, and I almost forgot... today's my birthday =)
~ Betsie
hugh
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by hugh »

happy birthday thistle!
LibraryLady

Post by LibraryLady »

Happy Birthday Betsie!!!!! :D
Annie Coleman Rothenberg
http://www.anniecoleman.com/

"I hear the sound I love, the sound of the human voice." ~Whitman
ChipDoc

Post by ChipDoc »

Happy Birthday, Betsie! I really WILL mail those discs to you... one day... sigh
-Chip
Retired to Colorado
The man who does not read good books has no advantage over the man who cannot read them.
~Mark Twain
sihaya_m

Post by sihaya_m »

thistlechick wrote:*tap dances across the screen*
oh, and I almost forgot... today's my birthday =)
Happy Birthday!!

I'm doing the long-delayed Dracula chapter I promised. Just looking up the pronounciation of "en regle" - which then demanded that I download another plug-in ... sigh. never mind. it WILL be done today!!!

geetu
RobertG

Post by RobertG »

[size=92]http://climber53.com
[i]a one thin dime production[/i][/size]
[size=75][color=blue]-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-[/color]
[url=http://librivox.org/wiki/moin.cgi/RobertGarrison]project status is in the wiki[/url][/size]
kayray

Post by kayray »

Happy birthday Betsie!!!

I did six yes SIX recordings yesterday and still need to edit three of them. Should easily be able to get that done today.

Oh it's the superbowl today, is it? I wondered why the grocery store was so crowded last night...

k
Kara
http://kayray.org/
--------
"Mary wished to say something very sensible into her Zoom H2 Handy Recorder, but knew not how." -- Jane Austen (& Kara)
thistlechick

Post by thistlechick »

aww.. thank you all for the warm birthday wishes =)

Chip: no rush on the discs... I'm the worst at mailing stuff, so you have tons of leeway with me =)

Robert: hehe... thanks for the birthday serenade... reminds me of going to Bill Knapps restaurant as a kid and they would play the happy birthday song over the loud speaker while bringing out the chocolate cake... hmmm... chocolate cake... *goes in search of cake*

I'm working on editing a chapter of The Spy... about halfway finished ...
~ Betsie
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

Happy Birthday, Betsie! Hope you found some chocolate cake. :)

Got home at 2pm today after an indulgent mini break in a 5* hotel further up the coast (it's decidedly off-season here, and the Radissons and Hiltons are as cheap as the grottiest B&B in London), where we overdosed on television (don't have tv at home) and room service.

After about 4 hours solid work, I have now finished my two outstanding editing projects White Fang (which is good, as I'm the second-but-last to submit, I think) and Buch der Lieder (lovely, weird and sometimes macabre German poems). Editing must be the most tedious thing on earth. The poems are much easier, because one always repeats the whole (short) line, but there were ten of them and they had to be pieced together... *whimper* In fact, the only good thing about editing is that at some stage one gets the final product.

Perhaps perhaps I'll record a little of The Spy later, but my neck is hurting now and I think I'll watch a film and do some knitting instead... :)
"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein