Scattered Information - Better organization?

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
kri

Post by kri »

This isn't necessarily something we have to do NOW, but I was thinking about some of the information that we have in Librivox. Doing it in the forums seems to make everything scattered. I've had to think back where I saw the information I saw in order to find it. For example, we have different how-to's and explanatory information in each forum section. Perhaps at some point we should consolidate it all together outside of the forum in a more reference-like format. I'm thinking of a wiki, but it can be done in any way.

I was thinking of this in response to this post: http://librivox.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=8492#8492

It made me think that we should have a list of outside resources for people recording. Recommended programs to use, and this could even be a place we put information about audio players to use (namely not RealPlayer).

I'm sure this is something that's been mentioned before, and probably something that's on the list of things to do. I just felt the need to mention it, especially considering how much information we have piling up here and there around the forum.
thistlechick

Post by thistlechick »

Yes, Kri, the forums are a bit chaotic at times... especially for a new member who just wants a quick answer...

There is talk of starting a Librivox Wiki that will allow us to put all of our how-tos in one place and members can edit and add to them as needed.... I'm not sure what the status is on this project, but I'm sure we'll get an update soon...
~ Betsie
Multiple projects lead to multiple successes!
kri

Post by kri »

thistlechick wrote:There is talk of starting a Librivox Wiki that will allow us to put all of our how-tos in one place and members can edit and add to them as needed....
I had a feeling such was the case. I guess you could consider this a sort of reminder that the time is perhaps becoming imminent.
hugh
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by hugh »

hi guys - squiddhartha, our wiki man, was in alaska last week, so out of commission, but I expect he'll be working on this shortly. I'll send him a note end of this week if I don't hear from him.

Hugh.