'Thank You' messages for LibriVox readers - continued

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Eduard Rochester (James K. White) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
I absolutely LOVE your recording of South American Jungle Tales, and am amazed at how well you change your voice and make sound effects, eg the sounds of the steam boat in The Alligator Wars. And the grandfather alligator is a completely different voice than the sturgeon, which again is a completely differnt voice than the lazy bee in the following story. And of course I love the tales themselves . I am newly disabled and holding a book to read is difficult, but I will often listen to all 8 tales whilte lying in bed or doing other things in the kitchen.
Thank you!
Diana
and...
Thank you James K. White for your reading of the 1876 novella The Man-Wolf by Alexandre Chatrian and Emile Erkmann (https://librivox.org/the-man-wolf-by-emile-erckmann/). I enjoyed it. I really appreciate LibriVox and volunteers like you making stories like this available. I had never heard of The Man-Wolf. Thanks!

Jon
Alexis, NC

All of James' recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for TheBanjo (Peter Dann) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Please extend my gratitude, from one lover of Joseph Conrad to another,

to Mr. Peter Dann for his fine readings of Nostromo and Lord Jim.

The stories are wonderfully long and complex, and Mr. Dann establishes and maintains

a restrained, and meditative voice throughout, just right for the narrators of these stories.

They are a great challenge, I'm sure.

With kind regards,

Robert

All of Peter's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for rkilmer (Richard Kilmer) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Thank you Richard for many hours of reading that has helped me at work. I really enjoyed your recording of Ottwell Binns "Mating in the wild". My wife is reading a book that she wants me to hear, however, it is unavailable at the moment. Would you consider reading it? "Black Caesar's Clan" by Albert Tayson Terhune.
Thanks again for your excellent work.
Sincerely, Rich

All of Richard's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for johng (John Greenman) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Hello Librivox,

I have just finished listening to John Greenman’s reading of “The Innocents Abroad” from Mark Twain and would like to thank him for his wonderful reading.

I love his voice and his accent. The reading is lively and pure joy to listen to.
I have listened to quite a few audio books from Librivox but this one is my favourite so far. Really entertaining and made me laugh out loud!! I could just close my eyes and live the whole trip.

Many thanks for your dedication John!

Yasmina
French lady, 47 years old living in Portugal.
and...
Dear John,

I just finished your wonderful reading of Uncle Tom's Cabin. You did an excellent job with the extensive number of characters and their voices! While the themes in the book are often very uncomfortable to hear, it is such an important and influential novel. Thank you so much for your reading!

Best wishes,
Rob
Victoria, BC
All of John's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for GlassMask (Ted Delorme) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Hey! I just wanted to say a huge thanks to Mr. Ted Delorme for recording the audio version of Lectures of Col. R.G. Ingersoll. (Found here: https://librivox.org/lectures-of-col-r-g-ingersoll-vol-1-by-robert-green-ingersoll/)

It was hard to find digital content from Mr. Ingersoll, so really excited to have found this version with really great narration! Thanks again!

From Baton Rouge, LA,

Jeff

All of Ted's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for THynes (Tadhg) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Dear Tadhg,

Thank you so very much for your recording of David Copperfield! It is one of my favorite books and your reading of it was perfect…your tone, how you read the voices... the entire thing was enjoyable from beginning to end. I truly appreciate the time and care you took for such an excellent recording.

All the best to you!

-Beth
All of Tadhg's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Peter Why (Peter Yearsley) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Dear Peter (if I may),

thank you for so many excellent narrations. I thoroughly enjoy your contributions and the range of works you select. I'll highlight just two as the cause of writing to thank you today.

Listening to your narration of the court scene (Chapter 12), of

Alice's Adventures in Wonderland (version 3) https://librivox.org/alices-adventures-in-wonderland-by-lewis-carroll-3/

evoked memories of your narration of another court scene –– as the Narrator in Dublin's Nighttown for the Circe episodes of

Ulysses (version 2) https://librivox.org/ulysses-version-2-by-james-joyce/

A happy confluence of the fantastic wordsmiths Joyce and Carroll!

Thank you for gifting your talents to the open-source world.

Joseph

All of Peter's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for gloriana (Elizabeth Klett) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Dear Elizabeth,

thank you for so many excellent narrations. I thoroughly enjoy your contributions, particularly your readings of Georgian-era literature, which have given me a new view of my hometown, Bath, in the late 18th century.

Your solo version of

Northanger Abbey (version 2) https://librivox.org/northanger-abbey-by-jane-austen-2/

became then my gateway to more Austen, the (literary) highlight being your narration of

Pride and Prejudice (version 4) https://librivox.org/pride-and-prejudice-solo-version-3-by-jane-austen/

Thank you for gifting your talents to the open-source world.

Joseph

All of Elizabeth's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Nammy (Carol Sutton) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Hi, I am new to Librivox and want to thank the reader, Carol Sutton, for her delightful, engaging reading of “Bee and Butterfly…”. I am spending a beautiful early Fall afternoon listening to her read as I garden and it truly made an average day memorable.
Thank you❣️

All of Carol's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for ally99 (Allyson Hester) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
I want to say thank you for her wonderful reading of The Angel of Terror
I really enjoyed it. Am looking for more right now

Lynne

All of Allyson's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for icequeen (Ann Boulais) and m8b1 (Maria Therese) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
God bless you:

My name is Father David Rozas. I am a priest of the Diocese of Lafayette, La, USA. I would like to Thank Ms. Ann Boulais and her proof listener Ms. Maria Therese for the excellent work that they have done on the four volume set of The Mystical City of God by the Venerable Mary of Agrada: https://librivox.org/mystical-city-of-god-volume-1-by-venerable-maria-de-jesus-de-agreda/.

The clarity and inflexions splendidly capture the depth of the material. This has helped me have access to this spiritual must read much quicker and in an exceedingly more profound way than if I would have had to read the book myself.

I shall remember them at Holy Mass.

Prayers and Sacrifices,
Fr. David
Diocese of Lafayette, La, USA

All of Ann's recordings!
All of Maria's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for InTheDesert (InTheDesert) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
I just want to thank whoever "InTheDesert" is for his reading of G.K.Chesterton's The Everlasting Man. It is perfectly enunciated and the inflections are exactly right. The whole project was very professionally done. Thanks again, and God bless!

Bill

All of InTheDesert's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for djsmith (Dory) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Thank you ma'am for your excellent recording of Redskin and Cowboy by GA Henty! It was a pleasure to listen to!

Jonathan

All of Dory's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for uruffianu (Greg W.) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
https://librivox.org/growth-of-the-soil-by-knut-hamsun/

Thank you Greg W for reading Growth of the Soil by Knut Hamsun. Your voice and tone fit it rather well I think. I am checking out your back catalog and look forward to hearing more from you.

All of Greg's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for kayray (Kara Shallenberg) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Dear Kara, I want you to know I have enjoyed your reading many times. Your voice is very clear and full of expression. My favorite book you read was "Heidi". I have loved this book since I was a child and that is why I named my second daughter Heidi. Over 4 years ago our 22 year old Heidi died. Since then, I have listened to you read Heidi at least once every year. Besides loving the story in itself, I love hearing Heidi's name. I have now seen a list of other stories you have read, so I plan to listen to some I have never heard. Thank you for all your great reading! Sincerely, Sandy

All of Kara's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!