ZOOM Discussion Thread

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Wordscape is just one of the groups that use Audible to distribute audiobooks. Some leave them as are, others remove the disclaimer, some even change the covers. And there are ones that rename the readers.
It is however all perfectly legal.

Anne
MaryinArkansas

Post by MaryinArkansas »

annise wrote: August 1st, 2022, 8:21 pm Wordscape is just one of the groups that use Audible to distribute audiobooks. Some leave them as are, others remove the disclaimer, some even change the covers. And there are ones that rename the readers.
It is however all perfectly legal.

Anne
OK. I see that Amazon sells these recordings from Wordscape. Just assumed it was part of Audible. I wonder how many groups distribute Audible books?
“Reading one book is like eating one potato chip.”
―Diane Duane, So You Want to Be a Wizard.

Mary :)📚
msfry

Post by msfry »

It was a good chat on "How Do You Listen To Audiobooks",
with 9 familiar faces, a tour of the Librivox Audiobook App, and discussion of how to get free library audiobooks.
I'll post the video to our YouTube collection as soon as I can figure out how to convert it. Windows Live MovieMaker isn't working right.

One topic going on the list for next month's chat is"
"How do we get the word out about these meetings and invite people."
So far, I've come up with something to add to your signature if you have room, varying the part in red to suit your taste and personal style.

Join our "First Monday's Zoom Chat". 11 a.m. CDT. Meet other LV'ers face to face. BYOB :)

If you don't have a signature yet, I can send instructions.
Last edited by msfry on August 2nd, 2022, 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

If you saved the zoom on your computer, zoom automatically converts it to an M4b or whatever file. Unless you mean something else.
Peruvian owls always hunt in pairs because they are inca hoots.
89 Decibels? Easy Peasy ! https://youtu.be/aSKR55RDVpk
williamjones

Post by williamjones »

philchenevert wrote: August 2nd, 2022, 3:57 pm If you saved the zoom on your computer, zoom automatically converts it to an M4b or whatever file. Unless you mean something else.
Phil, I was there watching when she turned on Recording and I'm pretty sure she DID set the "save on my computer option.

From there, once she finds it, all she has to do is upload it to YouTube.

Here is Mr. Googles answer to the question of how to find a recorded session:
https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/206277393-Finding-and-viewing-local-recordings.

It's none of my business, so I'll shut up now.
-- Bill Jones

When you think that you have exhausted all possibilities, remember this: you haven't.
--- Thomas Edison
msfry

Post by msfry »

I am looking for the place on youtube where all our recorded Zoom sessions are stored. I've been there before, but can't find it now. Can someone help, please?

Thanks, Bill, I found the local files on my computer, in Videos. Duh.
williamjones

Post by williamjones »

msfry wrote: August 3rd, 2022, 8:03 am I am looking for the place on youtube where all our recorded Zoom sessions are stored. I've been there before, but can't find it now. Can someone help, please?

This link will show all of them (I think) to you.
Plus some other Librivox videos.
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=zoom+librivox
-- Bill Jones

When you think that you have exhausted all possibilities, remember this: you haven't.
--- Thomas Edison
msfry

Post by msfry »

williamjones wrote: August 3rd, 2022, 8:16 am
msfry wrote: August 3rd, 2022, 8:03 am I am looking for the place on youtube where all our recorded Zoom sessions are stored. I've been there before, but can't find it now. Can someone help, please?

Well, it's a hodge podge of titles and locations, so I guess the thing to do is establish ONE consistent naming convention, and upload to ONE consistent place, preferably a specific channel named Librivox Zoom Sessions (or something recognizable), which we might have already by other names. Would you be willing to research this out? Right now I'm uploading the latest video to my own channel, but will change it over once the kinks are worked out of this system.
williamjones

Post by williamjones »

msfry wrote: August 3rd, 2022, 9:11 am
williamjones wrote: August 3rd, 2022, 8:16 am

Well, it's a hodge podge of titles and locations, so I guess the thing to do is establish ONE consistent naming convention, and upload to ONE consistent place, preferably a specific channel named Librivox Zoom Sessions (or something recognizable), which we might have already by other names. Would you be willing to research this out? Right now I'm uploading the latest video to my own channel, but will change it over once the kinks are worked out of this system.
Just sent you an email relating to this.
-- Bill Jones

--- Thomas Edison
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Just wondering if the meetings will always be on a Monday at the same time. I would love to join in but I work at that time and cannot be on the internet as I am tutoring children. Is it possible to maybe have an alternative time for say every other month don't worry if not I will just catch up on you tube after but would be nice to catch up with everyone. Thanks
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
msfry

Post by msfry »

wib66 wrote: August 7th, 2022, 4:31 pm Just wondering if the meetings will always be on a Monday at the same time. I would love to join in but I work at that time and cannot be on the internet as I am tutoring children. Is it possible to maybe have an alternative time for say every other month don't worry if not I will just catch up on you tube after but would be nice to catch up with everyone. Thanks
That would be nice to catch up with people who can't make the First Mondays. How about Third Tuesdays or Saturdays, too?
wib66

Post by wib66 »

msfry wrote: August 8th, 2022, 10:46 am
wib66 wrote: August 7th, 2022, 4:31 pm Just wondering if the meetings will always be on a Monday at the same time. I would love to join in but I work at that time and cannot be on the internet as I am tutoring children. Is it possible to maybe have an alternative time for say every other month don't worry if not I will just catch up on you tube after but would be nice to catch up with everyone. Thanks
That would be nice to catch up with people who can't make the First Mondays. How about Third Tuesdays or Saturdays, too?
Either of those sounds good. I am happy to get on board and help with setting them up or whatever is needed just let me know. :D
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
MaryinArkansas

Post by MaryinArkansas »

I assume that we'll have a Zoom session for Monday, September 5. If so, do we have a theme, subject, whatever?
“Reading one book is like eating one potato chip.”
―Diane Duane, So You Want to Be a Wizard.

Mary :)📚
msfry

Post by msfry »

MaryinArkansas wrote: August 28th, 2022, 8:01 am I assume that we'll have a Zoom session for Monday, September 5. If so, do we have a theme, subject, whatever?
I bought a pro version so we can run over an hour if we want, and I'm on for Monday, Sept 5 at 11 a.m.

Topic: How do BC's choose material to put out for recording, and how do readers choose material to record?
williamjones

Post by williamjones »

msfry wrote: August 28th, 2022, 8:12 am
MaryinArkansas wrote: August 28th, 2022, 8:01 am I assume that we'll have a Zoom session for Monday, September 5. If so, do we have a theme, subject, whatever?
I bought a pro version so we can run over an hour if we want, and I'm on for Monday, Sept 5 at 11 a.m.

Topic: How do BC's choose material to put out for recording, and how do readers choose material to record?
I presume from past experience that you mean 11am CST (which is Noon EST). Is this correct?

Will there be a repeating link to your Monday sessions, or will you post a new link for each Monday session?

As for your topic of choice: It's great! My wife started recording for Librivox a couple of months ago. She found Tricia's "Show Boat" project. She found it so delightful that she recorded 9 sections of it! But, now she's having difficulty for finding something else to do NEXT. She likes there to be dialog and action. The stuff that *I* do bores her to tears.

I've given her links to Gutenberg and IA. but she's been frustrated by this recurring scenario: She finds something whose description sounds interesting, but then she finds that it has already been done on Librivox. Her main complaint goes like this:
"Everything that's good has already been done!"

She has not been satisfied by the "Readers Needed" Forum contents. She could use some counsel and advice. I'm going to try to convince her to join this next LV Zoom session to pick up y'all's advice. Look for her: Flora Metrick.
-- Bill Jones

--- Thomas Edison