ZOOM Discussion Thread

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
wib66

Post by wib66 »

I would be interested as well
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
rredmond

Post by rredmond »

Happy belated 4th, and following for the get together :)
MaryinArkansas

Post by MaryinArkansas »

A return to Monday Zoom sessions sounds great. Will there be a morning and night session, or just morning?
“Reading one book is like eating one potato chip.”
―Diane Duane, So You Want to Be a Wizard.

Mary :)📚
msfry

Post by msfry »

Me personally, I can only do one session, anytime between 11 a.m. and 6 p.m., but it can last more than an hour if someone has a Pro account and is willing to open up the session. We could keep a set time, or vary it up each month to accomodate the various time zones. Most clubs just pick a time and stick with it, which unfortunately isnt' convenient for everyone. I know Claudia lives in Germany but she shows up at 11 a.m.! Maybe she's a night owl.
williamjones

Post by williamjones »

msfry wrote: July 5th, 2022, 9:11 am Me personally, I can only do one session, anytime between 11 a.m. and 6 p.m., but it can last more than an hour if someone has a Pro account and is willing to open up the session. We could keep a set time, or vary it up each month to accomodate the various time zones. Most clubs just pick a time and stick with it, which unfortunately isnt' convenient for everyone. I know Claudia lives in Germany but she shows up at 11 a.m.! Maybe she's a night owl.
For one session a day, I'll be happy to offer the use of my PRO Zoom account.
I'll start the zoom session then pass along the link to the session to you.
Then, when you join the session, I'll hand off the Host designation to you.
Simple as pie.

Just lemme know.

By the way, I think that 11am EST is 5pm in Deutschland.
-- Bill Jones

When you think that you have exhausted all possibilities, remember this: you haven't.
--- Thomas Edison
msfry

Post by msfry »

Ok, thanks! Wow! 11 a.m. is just late afternoon in Europe, but it is 9 a.m. in California and I'm guessing a lot of folks work on Monday. I'm retired so no problem for me, but I could switch it up to Saturday or Sunday if that's more convenient for others.
williamjones

Post by williamjones »

I'm also retired, but still I'd vote for a weekend day.
-- Bill Jones

When you think that you have exhausted all possibilities, remember this: you haven't.
--- Thomas Edison
BengtW

Post by BengtW »

I just noticed this and I will try join this at some point. Perhaps I can show how all our recordings are put on YouTube and the tech behind it. In the mean time I added Phil's YouTube channel as a channel feature so more people can find this content.
https://www.youtube.com/c/LibriVoxAudiobooks/channels
msfry

Post by msfry »

BengtW wrote: July 6th, 2022, 12:44 am I just noticed this and I will try join this at some point. Perhaps I can show how all our recordings are put on YouTube and the tech behind it. In the mean time I added Phil's YouTube channel as a channel feature so more people can find this content.
https://www.youtube.com/c/LibriVoxAudiobooks/channels
That sounds great! You can screen share with all participants, and tell us more about this channel, and take the whole hour if you need it to demonstrate how it comes together. What's your best day, and time of day?
smike

Post by smike »

williamjones wrote: July 5th, 2022, 9:50 am By the way, I think that 11am EST is 5pm in Deutschland.
Thanks, nearly right. It is six pm here. I can do Mondays because Monday is my day off work. I can't do Saturdays, because I work, but Sunday would be fine.
Claudia

So much to do, so little time...
TrLove

Post by TrLove »

I’ll watch this thread and join in on a Zoom meeting if available. I vote for Mondays 9 am PST.

Tina
PhyllisV

Post by PhyllisV »

In general Mondays at noon EST work for me as well. Would be interested in joining.
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

I would be able to join a zoom at almost anytime.
Peruvian owls always hunt in pairs because they are inca hoots.
89 Decibels? Easy Peasy ! https://youtu.be/aSKR55RDVpk
Winnifred

Post by Winnifred »

I attended one session, and enjoyed it. There's always more I can learn from all of you. I'd certainly be open to attending more sessions! I'll keep an eye on this thread.

Cheers,
Winnifred
Winnifred

Away from my computer March 30 to April 6.

Readers Wanted:
The Powder of Sympathy by Christopher Morley (humorous short essays on a wide range of topics including literature, Buddha, cars, New York, Oxford, recipes, and a dog named Gissing)
BengtW

Post by BengtW »

msfry wrote: July 6th, 2022, 6:42 am That sounds great! You can screen share with all participants, and tell us more about this channel, and take the whole hour if you need it to demonstrate how it comes together. What's your best day, and time of day?
I will have to check what fits me. I currently live in Romania so time zone could be an issue I guess. I will need to prepare a bit also. Last week the encoding computer went down but now everything is back online. I have been thinking of setting up something more redundant and also more energy efficient using raspberry Pi instead or a normal PC.