'Thank You' messages for LibriVox readers - continued

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Jc (Jc Guan) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Bonjour,

Je tiens à remercier chaleureusement J.C., lectrice des Trois Mousquetaires de Dumas, sans qui je ne serais pas parvenue au point final de ce monument. J'ai pu apprécier sa voix, son ton, son rythme... en un mot sa lecture, et même son chant ! Bravo pour les longues heures d'enregistrement certainement fastidieuses qui demandent une détermination sans faille. Merci donc, Madame. Merci aussi à l'équipe pour l'ensemble de l'action menée par LibriVox.

Cordialement,

Emily

All of Jc's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for liam1neely (Liam Neely) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Hi, I'd like to thank Liam Neely for this fantastic reading of, "Sea Fever." I have it as part of a new piece I am releasing in June and have credited him and would like to connect. Thanks!
Mark

All of Liam's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for ChrisMS (Christopher Smith) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
I recently discovered your audio works of the history of the reformation by Daubigne. I am interested in knowing if there are any plans on completing the remaining three volumes? I really appreciated the readings the more I listened. I appreciate also the many spiritual works you have published in audio.

As a recommendation, I have found great interest in the works of Augustine Barruel on the Memoirs of the Jacobins and the sufferings of the church during the French Revolution. I am sometimes transcribing the works as there are no clean etexts available.

I believe the quality of your voice would go well with these texts. If there is any such interest, please let me know if I can be of service to supply the text or to just discuss more.

Thank you,
Albert

All of Christopher's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Adrian (Adrian Praetzellis) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Dropping a line through to say thank you to Mr. Praetzellis for the recording of Treasure Island (here: https://librivox.bookdesign.biz/book/1557).

I am a college-aged person named Lois, but once upon a time I was a young child named Lois, and between then and now I have listened to this recording maybe half a dozen times, on road trips and on long hikes and in lines and on the floor in bad-quality headphones at late-night sleepovers when I was a teenager. It's gotten me, in part, through several hard spots. The recording is spectacular, of course-- I don't know that I've ever found a Librivox tape that quite compares-- but more than that, it's been oddly important to me! I wanted you to know. Thanks for bringing me along to the seafaring adventures of Jim Hawkins; I am now changed drastically and will forever be looking out for pirates and/or gold and/or the Black Spot.

Recently I realized I had heard your name too often to not be curious anymore and I looked you up. I happen to be a Californian myself, ha ha-- would have loved to attend one of your lectures sometime. I hope you are doing well, wherever you are now.

Thank you so much for your time. It really truly means a lot to me.

all the best
Lois

All of Adrian's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for MaryAnnSpiegel (MaryAnn) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
I just wanted to thank Mary Ann for her amazing reading of Anna Karenina. https://librivox.org/anna-karenina-by-leo-tolstoy-2/

I've never listened to or liked audio books before, but I've always wanted to read Anna Karenina (I took a year of Russian Lit in college and never got around to it) and this recording made me a complete audio-book-convert! Mary Ann did an amazing job of capturing the mood of the book and I looked forward to my time to relax each day and knit while listening to her. On a personal note, I discovered this during a time of high anxiety for me and listening to this book transports me out of my mood and is absolutely wonderful.

Thank you so much for taking the time to read Anna Karenina for us!

Jennifer

All of MaryAnn's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for SteveGough (Steve Gough) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
I just finished The last Chronicle of Barset, and boy, was I sad to see it end. I have read many Trollope novels, and listened to a few more, and this was a delight. At first, I was a little dubious. But I was quickly convinced. A great novel, read wonderfully.

Thanks!

Jim
Hilo, HI USA

All of Steve's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
liam1neely

Post by liam1neely »

icequeen wrote: May 24th, 2022, 8:55 pm Praise received for liam1neely (Liam Neely) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Hi, I'd like to thank Liam Neely for this fantastic reading of, "Sea Fever." I have it as part of a new piece I am releasing in June and have credited him and would like to connect. Thanks!
Mark

All of Liam's recordings!
Thanks so much! Always good to hear!
Liam
Retired professor, perennial student. EverLearning, Online learning, Librivox.
ChristianeJehanne

Post by ChristianeJehanne »

Chère Claire-Marie, bonjour, :) ,

oui bien sûr je me rappelle très très bien de vous et de nos échanges chez Littératureaudio.

Je suis très touchée et très heureuse de vous retrouver ici. J’espère que ce texte très intéressant de notre cher Chateaubriand va aussi vous plaire. Votre si gentil message m’a bien émue, merci infiniment ! Et ...j’ai un autre projet pour bientôt ici...

Toutes mes amitiés chaleureuses et une agréable journée à vous, au plaisir d’échanger avec vous, Christiane.
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for MaryAnnSpiegel (MaryAnn) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Dear MaryAnn,

Thank you for your lovely recording of War and Peace, so far! I can't imagine how long it took you to record this tome.

I have enjoyed listening to the saga, but now feel sad that the recordings have ended at this stage in the story. What a disappointing end to volume 2. Any idea when the next volume will be ready!?

Best regards,
Anna

All of MaryAnn's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Helsbelles (Helen Taylor) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Please could you pass on a very big thank you to Helen Taylor for her excellent reading of Fortunate Foundlings by Eliza Caywood.
So enjoyed listening right to the very last word - thanks for taking the time - so much appreciated.🌻🌻
Shirley
Cape Town South Africa

All of Helen's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for gloriana (Elizabeth Klett) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Re: Incidents in the Life of a Slave Girl by Harriet Jacobs:

Thank you Elizabeth for reading this book so well. It's a fascinating account of conditions for slaves 200 years ago. I did try to communicate with the vicar at Steventon where Harriet stayed in England, but got no reply.
Thanks again!
Best wishes,
John.

All of Elizabeth's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for johng (John Greenman) from our 'Thank a reader' feature regarding his recording of Mark Twain's Speeches:
Many thanks to the narrator of these Mark Twain books. The Gentleman has just the right voice, and emphasis throughout is just right.

I am really enjoying listening to them, and appreciate the time and effort taken.

Regards,
Mike
(U.K.)

All of John's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for eggs4ears (Phil Benson) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
This message is for Phil Benson, the reader of The Roots of the Mountains by William Morris.

Hi Phil, I wanted to thank you for your excellent work bringing the men and women of Burgdale to life. I especially loved how you rendered some subtle features in your pronunciation that were probably common at the time the book was written; it gave the reading an appropriately archaic tone, which really helped me feel immersed in the medieval fantasy setting. I plan to listen to your reading of Prose Romances from the Oxford and Cambridge Magazine next, and I’m eager to be transported once again by your deep respect for Morris’s work. Cheers!

All of Phil's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for cobalt100 (Caden Vaughn Clegg) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Thanks for an excellent reading! I really appreciate the continuity of one reader for the entire work. The rendering of the Monster's speech in a modified voice was quite remarkable! And following the older-form English expressions/narrative/dialogue with such fluency is really commendable.

Thanks again!

Matthew

All of Caiden's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

From the Facebook LibriVox Readers and Listeners group:
Apparently not a great favorite but I love the group/Hugh McGuire read of Ulysses. It’s friendly. I listen while falling asleep and the friendliness pervades my dreams. Thank you Hugh McGuire and friends. The book has come to mean a lot to me, And I just understood “the chord in any circle being less than the arc it subtends.” !!!
https://librivox.org/ulysses-by-james-joyce/
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine