'Thank You' messages for LibriVox readers - continued

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for ChipDoc (Chip) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Chip, this is the most perfect reading of The Legend of Sleepy Hollow I have ever heard. I have listened to it many, many times.

Your tone and cadence are wonderful. Thank you Kent, Texas

All of Chip's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for kayray (Kara Shallenberg) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Kara, I enjoyed your reading of this book tremendously.
Having listened to it many times since I first discovered Librivox and it., about 10 years ago. You put such wonderful expression into all your readings, and I particularly enjoyed your rendering of the children’s speech and pronunciation.
Thank you most sincerely.
Tricia

All of Kara's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for carolpelster (Carol Pelster) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
I just finished listening to ‘Bill the Conqueror’. Thank you so much for an enjoyable experience. You made the characters come alive and it sounded as if you truly enjoyed reading this selection. Please keep reading for the invisible masses, we truly appreciate your talent.
Evelyn

All of Carol's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for gypsygirl (Karen Savage) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
I want to thank you for your sensitive and perfectly charming readings of Anne of Green Gables and Anne of Avenlea. Your voice and Lucy M Montgomery’s stories have comforted me in the dark nights this past year, having lost my soul mate of 57 years to cancer and covid. When the hamster wheel that used to be my brain starts to squeak in the night, I bring up your stories and feel quietly and sweetly distracted from the horrors of the outside world.

Thank you!
K

Salt Lake City Utah

All of Karen's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for NoDecaf (David Leeson) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
https://librivox.org/by-pike-and-dyke-by-g-a-henty/

Hi! My 8, 6, and 3 yr old and I have been listening to Henty’s stories in chronological order. We loved your reading of The Cat of Bubastes, and were excited when we got to By Pike and Dyke last week and saw that you were the reader. Your voice is calm and soothing yet still shows tone and emotion. Thanks for all the time you put into this!
Jasmine, Mischaell, Giuseppe, and Rheena

All of David's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for bridgester (Bridget Gaige) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Hello,

I want to give many many thanks to LibriVox, specifically reader Bridget Gaige for her amazing reading of “The Wide, Wide World” by Susan Warner. I had to read this book for school and I could not find an audio reading that I could use ANYWHERE online that I could listen to wherever I went, using different apps, or while turning my phone off. LibriVox made my reading so much more enjoyable and I cannot thank the site and Ms. Gaige enough. If I can donate or volunteer to help this website please let me know, I am more than happy to help.

Again, Ms. Gaige, your reading made this book so enjoyable and easy to consume, and your hours and hours of work did not go unnoticed.

Thank you thank you thank you!

Sincerely,
Abby

All of Bridget's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
Acs2047

Post by Acs2047 »

I started listening to Librivox recordings about a year ago on Youtube. I was on really long road trips and they were made so much better. I enjoyed all the different volunteers voices. I really can't put it into words, it's been such a treasure in so many ways that has really enriched my life. Thank you, thank you, thank you! I decided to start contributing as of this week and the whole process has just been wonderful. Thank you :clap:
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for pnagami (Pamela Nagami) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
The Age of the Condottieri: A Short History of Mediaeval Italy from 1409-1530

I have been a fan of your for decades, but the last phrase of your reading of this title was priceless.

Thanks for the memorable laugh.

Matthew

All of Pamela's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Adrian (Adrian Praetzellis) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Dear Mr.Praetzellis

My name is Kristian and I would like to extend my heartfelt thanks to you for undertaking the reading of specifically two works of Literatur; The Wind In the Willows and Jimbo.

I’ve always had difficulties going to sleep at night, ever since I’ve been a kid. Some years ago I stumbled upon Librivox and then onto your readings.

Having grown up in the UK but now living in Germany, I was looking for a native English reader to listen to and really, it’s been magical. I have been listening to your readings for several years now on my old Sony MP3 player.

Perhaps wholly unbeknownst you have created a safe and comfortable world with your readings, to which I love going to sleep to, being able to shut down the „thinking machine“ and just drift away with the follies of Toad or the sheer exhilaration of flying with Jimbo.

I thank you and wish you the very best.

Yours sincerely

Kristian
and...
Thank you Adrian Praetzellis for your wonderful reading of the wind in the willows. I love the book but your reading of it made it Soooo much better. Thanks a bunch.
All of Adrian's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received a for chymocles (Thomas A. Copeland) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Dear Librivox,

Please send on my thanks to Thomas Copeland.

I have been returning to his recordings of Paradise Lost and the Faerie Queene for some time. They are extremely helpful for appreciating these long and demanding poems. It must have taken a phenomenal amount of patience and enthusiasm to prepare these audio recordings. The effort is much appreciated.

Kind regards,

Luke

All of Thomas' recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for kayray (Kara Shallenberg) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
https://librivox.org/just-so-stories-by-rudyard-kipling-version-2/

We would like to sincerely thank Ms. Shallenberg for her many recordings. I and my four children (well, my husband too!) just love this version of Just So Stories so much. We have listened to many versions and yours is by far the best! We are also listening to Our Island Story and This Country of Ours right now, and your reading makes the books more understandable and enjoyable. You are a familiar voice in our home, and we are grateful for this free resource!
Best wishes from Rebekka and family.

All of Kara's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for bgdavid (David Clarke) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Dear David Clarke,

I just finished listening to your recording of the count of Monte Cristo on LibriVox, and I felt the necessity to reach out to you to thank you and tell you how much I have enjoyed your reading.

In deed this is my second favourite book and I had already read it in French which is my native language. However, your reading, especially the large range of accents used added to my understanding of the story and enabled me to capture emotions that I failed to notice while reading the book myself, in my native language.

I noticed that you also recorded Sherlock Holmes' adventures, cannot wait to enjoy those stories and by the same occasion practice my listening skills. I am trying to become fluent in English and listening to your record is really helping.

I hope you excuse my familiar tone, and in my defence I will say that after listening to your voice for almost 40 hours, I fancy you are my friend. May the strength be with you so that you can carry on with this good work and God bless you.

If one day you feel like not recording, remember that some people out here really enjoy listening to your reading, remember that I'm out here waiting for your new record!

Sincerely yours, Matanda

Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for 8586 (Gemma L Myers) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Dear Gemma,
Thank you for reading/recording for Librivox; I just finished The Portent and enjoyed your reading. I wonder if you would consider recording a book by O. Douglas - if any are in public domain?
Sandra

All of Gemma's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for NoDecaf (David Leeson) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Thank you, Mr. Leeson, for taking your time and doing such an excellent job in reading such a magnificent work: I learned so much and was blessed beyond measure every time I listened on my lengthy car drives. I appreciate my Christian heritage even more now. Have a wonderful day! ~debi of Armona, CA
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for johng (John Greenman) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Please thank Mr. Greenman for his stellar reading of the Autobiography of Mark Twain. I've finished both volumes on the walk home. It was wonderful. His measured timbre and careful intonation are just right for Twain. Very much looking forward to Roughing It, my next title.

Richard

All of John's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!