'Thank You' messages for LibriVox readers - continued

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for jvanstan (John Van Stan) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Hello! I just have finished "The d'Artagnan Romances, Vol.1: The three musketeers" readed by John Van Stan. Who I would like to thank for that beautiful version of this classic!. Excellent job John!

I'm from Tandil, Argentina and I already have read The Three Musketeers in spanish and your version was perfect!

Now I will continue with Twenty Years After.. Thank you so much, for such an excellent job!

Kind regards.

Omar

All of John's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for TheBanjo (Peter Dann) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Great work on the complete 'Thomas Carlyle - French Revolution' - much appreciated. Well done.
gareth
All of Peter's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Mermaid (Mil Nicholson) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Dear Ms. Nicholson,
I can't fully express the pleasure I have gotten from your marvelously expressive reading of Charles Dickens . I have completed "Little Dorrit," am now in mid "Our Mutual Friend" and am looking forward to working my way thru more. Your reading succeeds in putting the me really inside the world Dickens depicts. I can "see" and almost breath the sooty air of 19th century London streets. My assumption is that you have had theatrical training since you make the characters and their varied voices come alive.
Having myself read many Dickens novels in the past and having lived in London, hearing them read so well makes the experience doubly sweet.
Note: When spending a year in London, ( Oh so many years ago) my wife and I lived on Doughty Street, in Bloomsbury, just a few doors down from Dickens one time home, now a museum.

Sincerely,
Robert
and...
Thankyou,Mil Nicholson,for hours of hard work recording "Our Mutual Friend". It was beautifully read with excellent characterization.
You may be interested to know how I use the recordings...if I wake up in the night, I listen to half an hour to stop myself worrying about not sleeping.I use that time being entertained rather than frustrated.
Thanks again and please keep up the good work.
Colette

All of Mil's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo »

Thank you received via email to info@librivox.org
Hi Guys,

I would just like to express my gratitude for your work and dedication.
Also special thanks to Andrea Fiore, who read the books of James Allen.

Thank you for making this wonderful website. Thank you for your services and thank you for all your hard work.

Wish you and your families and friends all the best.

God bless you all!

Regards from the Bulgaria,
Stefan
All of Andrea's recordings
Jo
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Kaffen (Mark F. Smith) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
I wish to show my gratitude to Mark F.Smith, he is an amazing reader.Who reads books with intonation, remarkable clear pronunciation and makes it easy to comprehend and learn English. I am not a native speaker so such traits in a reader are extremely important to me. It's already come to the point when I wish to proceed to the next book I especially check if Mark has read it already.
and...
Dear Mark,
I wanted to thank you for your reading of Sense and Sensibility. I enjoyed it thoroughly! It must be a lot of work and take a lot of thought and patience to get through such a book. You did a wonderful job!

Warmly,
Sue
Vermont
All of Mark's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for paradise.camoflage (Andy) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
In regards to “A Doll’s House” reading (https://librivox.org/a-dolls-house-by-henrik-ibsen/)

I just wanted to send a thank you to Andy for the spectacular life he gave to the play. They turned a boring class assignment into something I absolutely fell in love with! Thank you.

-Samantha
All of Andy's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for alg1001 (Amy Gramour) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
https://librivox.org/the-wendigo-by-algernon-blackwood/
Book Title: The Wendigo
Author: Algernon Blackwood
Reader: Amy Gramour
---

I've probably listened to this audiobook a dozen times these past couple years. Sure the work itself is a fun read, but the narration really brings everything together in such a fantastic way; I can't help coming back to it. I've used Librivox occasionally before, but this reading is just a cut above with regard to how it pulls me into the story and gives life to text. Good stuff.

Keep being awesome Amy.

All of Amy's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for LisaR (Lisa Reichert) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Hello, Lisa.

Thanks for a wonderful reading of "His Masterpiece," by Emil Zola. It was obviously a huge effort - a long book - and very well done.

Sincerely,

Richard
Takoma Park, Maryland

All of Lisa's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for edhumpal (Ed Humpal) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Dear Ed,

Thank you for a great reading!

It’s rare to find readers who bring the correct tone, emphasis and understanding to this kind of work and you did so perfectly.

Kind regards, Phill

All of Ed's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for k5hsj (Winston Tharp) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
I would like to thank Winston Tharp for his reading of Bullet for Cinderella.
I felt like the character in the story was narrating it to me.
Very much appreciate your work.

Mark,
Sydney, Australia

All of Winston's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for mkargo (Megan Argo) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Megan,

Well done! I recently enjoyed listening to the Pioneers of Science by Oliver Lodge and particularly enjoyed the passage read by you. Your tones and expressive voice made it an engaging experience. I have downloaded a couple of other selections read by you as well.

Kind Regards,

Chris

All of Megan's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for GordMackenzie (Gord Mackenzie) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
I've just started listening to chapter 3 of Scaramouche by Rafael Sabatini (located https://librivox.org/scaramouche-by-rafael-sabatini/ here)
I absolutely adore Mackenzie's style, verve, and passion for the material. He has an excellent pace for me, neither too slow nor too quick, and a kind of wry humor that suits the flavor of this book perfectly. I keep being excited to finish what I'm doing and get back to listening to another chapter thanks to his performances - he doesn't just read the text, he invigorates it with energy and makes it exciting. He's a delight.
Audio has been a *huge* comfort to me over the last two years, which have been stressful for everybody, and I would like to extend that gratitude to him specifically, for taking the time and effort to read for us all.
Thank you, Gord.
And thank you also to the Librivox moderators for passing along this message.
All the best,
Theo

All of Gord's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for philchenevert (Phil Chenevert) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Just writing to thank LibriVox reader Phil Chenevert for his reading of The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn (Version 6).

Many thanks,
Kevin
and...
hi, Phil Chenevert,

Thanks, dude!

I do enjoy listening.

You've alerted me to works from early sci-fi and other genres that clearly inform some of my current research and favorites. I didn't know that until searching for your name as a Librivox reader, listening—and then learning again and again what foundational-works the authors of decades later were drawing from as they created.

So, thanks for the education, the volunteerism, the way you select what you read, and the clear enjoyment you are getting as a reader (that's in your voice)!

happy new year,

-meesh
All of Phil's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Ligeti_Grieg (Edmund Bloxam) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Dear Mr Bloxam,
Thank you so much for your wonderful reading of Balzac’s “Catherine de Medici “
It was spirited, entertaining, rapid and accurate- what a huge pleasure!
Yours gratefully
Cathy

All of Edmund's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Expatriate (Expatriate) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Thank you for your reading of The Suppliant Maidens by Aeschylus, it was very good!

Regards,

Matthew
and...
I am so very much enjoying your reading of Dostoevsky's great novel. I teach it to high school seniors, and each time I assign it to a new crop of kids, I must read it too. This time, being so familiar with the book (have taught it ten times), I decided I could simply listen to it in the car. And that's exactly what I'm doing. Very effective.
I've Googled all over the place to try to find out some info about you – especially your age – since you sound so young on the recording, which makes for a good fit with crazy Raskolnikov and all his pals -- but I've found nothing.
If replying to your listeners is allowed, please write me back and fill me in.
Thank you.

Chris
English Literature
Rancho Mirage, CA

All of Expatriate's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!