ZOOM Discussion Thread

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
lightcrystal

Post by lightcrystal »

philchenevert wrote: January 4th, 2022, 5:55 pm
KevinS wrote: January 4th, 2022, 5:50 pm This crowd would be good contestants in 'What's my line?'
"Line?" I didn't know there was a line. Are they giving away something? Where is the end?
But we would need Peter Ustinov! Would we invite that Marx brother again after he put his eye-mask on the wrong way? Such an esteemed panel of sleuths could not be found today!
I use Linux. I also like penguins.
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

lightcrystal wrote: January 4th, 2022, 8:21 pm
KevinS wrote: January 4th, 2022, 5:50 pm This crowd would be good contestants in 'What's my line?'
"Line?" I didn't know there was a line. Are they giving away something? Where is the end?
But we would need Peter Ustinov! Would we invite that Marx brother again after he put his eye-mask on the wrong way? Such an esteemed panel of sleuths could not be found today!
Hahahah!
lightcrystal

Post by lightcrystal »

KevinS wrote: January 4th, 2022, 9:41 pm
lightcrystal wrote: January 4th, 2022, 8:21 pm

Hahahah!
Peter Ustinov to contestant: BUT DO YOU HAVE YOUR VISA? :)
I use Linux. I also like penguins.
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

Have we had a zoom discussion about making covers? Did Michele present this for us?

I would like to learn how as I've found some LV projects on archive.org that have no cover. (Maybe it was just one or two. Still, I would like to see all projects get covers.) I think that all projects done nowadays almost always, if not always, get covers. The cover makers are the unsung heroes of LV in my view.
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

KevinS wrote: January 14th, 2022, 6:15 pm Have we had a zoom discussion about making covers? Did Michele present this for us?

I would like to learn how as I've found some LV projects on archive.org that have no cover. (Maybe it was just one or two. Still, I would like to see all projects get covers.) I think that all projects done nowadays almost always, if not always, get covers. The cover makers are the unsung heroes of LV in my view.
We had two sessions: one that Michele presented and the recording failed, and one that I did.

All projects get covers. Some of the older ones are claimed by a maker but not yet done. You can see the claims here: http://librivox.nl/claim/ (generic uploader login)
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

Thank you.
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

All projects at Archive get covers , usually within 2 weeks of the project being catalogued. Like all LV sometimes people claim and are unable to get them done within the time period .
If you have questions about the covermaking system there is a working thread and a chat thread - you can ask there,

Anne
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

annise wrote: January 14th, 2022, 6:43 pm All projects at Archive get covers , usually within 2 weeks of the project being catalogued. Like all LV sometimes people claim and are unable to get them done within the time period .
If you have questions about the covermaking system there is a working thread and a chat thread - you can ask there,

Anne
Thank you!
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

Hello everyone. Remember that the next LibriVox Beginners Chat Zoom session is on the first Monday of February, the 7th, at 11 am and 11 pm central time. Everyone is invited. :D
"I lost my trousers," said Tom expansively.
89 Decibels? Easy Peasy ! https://youtu.be/aSKR55RDVpk
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

Just found this in the Internet! Hahaha!

"Look at your webcam, not your monitor during Zoom calls and livestreams if you don't want to appear shady."
loon

Post by loon »

KevinS wrote: January 16th, 2022, 10:25 am "Look at your webcam, not your monitor during Zoom calls and livestreams if you don't want to appear shady."
So if you do a lot of Zoom calls you should feed your computer to a Teleprompter?
Rich Brown - Minneapolis, MN
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

KevinS wrote: January 16th, 2022, 10:25 am "Look at your webcam, not your monitor during Zoom calls and livestreams if you don't want to appear shady."
Says the guy who doesn't have/use a webcam. Talk about appearing shady. :lol:
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

TriciaG wrote: January 16th, 2022, 10:58 am
Says the guy who doesn't have/use a webcam. Talk about appearing shady. :lol:
I don't want to frighten the young folk.
MaryinArkansas

Post by MaryinArkansas »

At next Monday’s Librivox Zoom get together it might be interesting to have a few comments from people about some of the “surprises” they’ve found via LibriVox… writers found on Gutenberg and other copyright free sites who are new to them, reading and/or recording something they never expected to do…how LibriVox has expanded their reading experience, and so on.
“Reading one book is like eating one potato chip.”
―Diane Duane, So You Want to Be a Wizard.

Mary :)📚
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

MaryinArkansas wrote: February 1st, 2022, 6:55 pm At next Monday’s Librivox Zoom get together it might be interesting to have a few comments from people about some of the “surprises” they’ve found via LibriVox… writers found on Gutenberg and other copyright free sites who are new to them, reading and/or recording something they never expected to do…how LibriVox has expanded their reading experience, and so on.
I would love for that to happen. Please nudge it in that direction Mary? Hope you will be there. Image
"I lost my trousers," said Tom expansively.
89 Decibels? Easy Peasy ! https://youtu.be/aSKR55RDVpk