'Thank You' messages for LibriVox readers - continued

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for alixsquish (Alix Grace) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Hey there! I wanted to thank Alix Grace for her superb read of M. R. James classic ghost story “Canon Alberic’s Scrap-Book,” which we used as the basis for a sound-designed adaption of that piece in our podcast, Ephemeral.

Here’s a link to listen to the episode: https://www.dropbox.com/s/i3x3kwqj8fn86dj/eph-2021-10-25-canon-alberic-v2.mp3?dl=0

And feel free to share my contact info w/ Alix if she’d like to connect. Thanks again for a great service + hope this find you well!!

--

Alex

All of Alix's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for fink (Joseph Finkberg) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Thanks to Joseph Finkberg for reading the poetry of Avram Reizen
All of Joseph's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for CliveCatterall (Clive Catterall) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Dear Sir,

I just finished listening to "The White Company" by Sir Aruthur Conon Doyle. Your narration was absolutely wonderful! I was impressed both with your range of voices, and with your pronunciation in multiple languages.

Thank you for taking the time to volunteer. I look forward to many more hours spent listening to the books that you recorded.

Sincerely,
Joan

All of Clive's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for mrwemmick (Peter John Keeble) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
It’s a pleasure listening to your reading, thankyou for the time you have invested for our listening pleasure.
All of Peter's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for mleigh (mleigh), Grothmann (Dale Grothmann) and InArcadia (InArcadia) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Hi there,

I would just like to thank the following readers for spending the time to voice such wonderful poems and short stories:

mleigh (Advice - SPC 216)
Dale Grothman (Eyes - SG&HC 052)
InArcadia (The Raven - SPC 213)

I've been using their recordings for my watercolours (which I've started putting on Youtube under the channel 'Words inWatercolour') and I'm sure that there will be many more readers that I'll be thanking in the future!

Best wishes,

T.

All of meligh's recordings!
All of Dale's recordings!
All of InArcadia's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for gypsygirl (Karen Savage) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Librivox,

I'm sending this little email off into the universe because I want to sincerely thank Karen Savage for being the voice of my childhood.

When I was a little fourth grader I inherited my father's old iPhone, which opened me up to the beautiful world of Librivox. I started with The Secret Garden and had my eyes opened to the joys of life, I learned patience in adversity and unfailing hope from The Little Princess, and I found the book that has remained my life-long favorite, Pride and Prejudice. In my teenage years The Scarlet Pimpernel and it's sequel ignited my imagination and carried me far away from mental health struggles, Rilla of Ingleside broadened my views of compassion and selflessness (and caused many, many tears to be shed over Walter's letter), and I again listened to Pride and Prejudice so often that I easily memorized the first chapter verbatim (a trick that causes everyone I know a great deal of annoyance)

Through all my personal development, through every up and down thus far in my life, Karen's voice has been there for me, mingled with the voices of so many literary geniuses, and has molded me into the person I am today. I am more observant, more loving, more enthusiastic about life, and more thoughtful because of the gift she gave to the world through the audiobooks she recorded and Librivox published.

So, I want to send a thousand thank yous to her and to the Librivox team. Nothing I ever say could be enough to fully express what you have done for me.

As sincere as I can be,
Kate
and...
RE: https://librivox.org/sense-and-sensibility-by-jane-austen-version-4/

Dear Karen Savage,

At the end of September I finished listening to your version of Sense and Sensibility. You know we LibriVox fans have plenty of options, within LibriVox offerings as well as through our public libraries or via purchase. I was delighted to find your reading fit my taste and needs very well, and I am once again delighted with LibriVox. Thank you so very much for your time, effort, and care in making this production.

Sincerely,
Amy
Interlaken, NY
USA
All of Karen's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Expatriate (Expatriate) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Dear Expatriate,

Thank you very much for your reading of Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment. I thoroughly enjoyed listening to the audiobook and, after taking a break on the book for a while, found a reading on YouTube. I did not care for it and remembered your recording and had to return to it. Looking forward to many more of your readings.

Many thanks,

Elijah

All of Expatriate's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for MrKyle (Kyle Raub) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
I am a newcomer to librivox and to the Finnish epic the Kalevala. I find that hearing it read brings it to life - sometimes listening while walking, occasionally (when not walking!) following the written text while I listen. I can only begin to imagine the amount of time and commitment, the passion for the text and the desire to share it with others, that goes into reading a book of this length and complexity. I offer my humble thanks to all of you, the whole organization, but especially to Kyle Raub. I feel that he is almost a tour guide leading me into and through the superb beauty of this epic, which even in translation is clearly very great poetry and literature - really I think of a caliber one can compare to the Illiad, the Odyssey, or the Aeneid. I had never heard of it until a friend happened to share a recent review in NYRB. Thank you Kyle Raub and Librivox.

All of Kyle's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for daisy55 (daisy55) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
I just finished listening to Lorna Doone. All the readers were excellent, but I was especially struck by the way daisy55 brought the story to life with her expressive reading.

Karen

All of daisy55's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for EvaK (Eva K.) from our 'Thank a reader' feature regarding her recording of Anna Karenina:
Vielen Dank, liebe Eva K für dieses großartige Geschenk. Hervorragend geschrieben, hervorragend übersetzt und hervorragend gelesen, ganz große Kunst! Ich freue mich schon auf den Untertan!!
Beste Grüße aus der Provence
Wilhelm

All of Eva's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
HandmadePSK

Post by HandmadePSK »

Coffee Break Collection 008 - Animals
https://librivox.org/coffee-break-collection-008-animals/

Narrated by you, animals` life is even more curious! 🐶 🐹 🐻
Thanks to all the participants! 🙏 ✨
Alexander ❤ HandmadePSK ❤ About me ◀◀◀ (readable)
🦋 Aspire to inspire before we expire! 🦄
HandmadePSK

Post by HandmadePSK »

Coffee Break Collection 002 - Faith
https://librivox.org/coffee-break-collection-002/

Interesting beliefs from all around the globe; very nice! 🌼 👍
Many thanks to any reader, PLer, Bc, and everybody who made it possible! 🐼
HandmadePSK

Post by HandmadePSK »

Coffee Break Collection 010 - War and Conflict
https://librivox.org/coffee-break-collection-010-war-and-conflict-by-various/

Yeah, that`s our story! 💥
Praises to all the people who made it sound so fascinating! 🌈 🌞
HandmadePSK

Post by HandmadePSK »

Coffee Break Collection 009 - Autumn
https://librivox.org/coffee-break-collection-010-war-and-conflict-by-various/

My favorite season, read mostly by men... So cool! 🍂 👏 🍃
Praises, best wishes and...
(◀ click it!)
HandmadePSK

Post by HandmadePSK »

Coffee Break Collection 005 - Love and Relationships
https://librivox.org/coffee-break-collection-005-love-and-relationships/

Oh, that`s an eternal theme! 🐙
And you all gave a new and brilliant life to those works through your voices and efforts. 🧔
Thank you all and good luck! Love & be loved! 💖