Downloading the Librivox Catalog?

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
BarryHaworth

Post by BarryHaworth »

I am looking for way to download, or at least to interrogate via an API or similar, the Librivox catalog. As for why; I have been reading a few stories for the different Short Science Fiction Collections and am always on the lookout for new material to read. A lot of Librivox texts are taken from Project Gutenberg; Gutenberg makes their catalog available for download and it can be read into a database with a bit of effort. What I would like to do is to be able to download the Librivox catalog as well so that I can merge the two and easily identify what books on the one are also in the other, and which are not.

My immediate goal with this is to be able to get the latest list from Project Gutenberg and quickly identify what hasn't been put on Librivox yet, but there are a lot of other possibilities.

Can anyone tell me if this is possible? Or whether someone has already done this?

Thanks,

Barry
I am a Statistician. One false move and you're a Statistic.
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

You have asked this before, didn't you? Double posting doesn't usually give you any better or different answers.

The API thread is here. Hope this helps:
viewtopic.php?f=24&t=44129
Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox, channelling
Granny Weatherwax: "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com
BarryHaworth

Post by BarryHaworth »

Availle wrote: October 20th, 2021, 6:34 pm You have asked this before, didn't you? Double posting doesn't usually give you any better or different answers.

The API thread is here. Hope this helps:
viewtopic.php?f=24&t=44129
Seems like this is the exception, then. Yes, I did ask before in the "Need Help? Got Advice?" forum but had no replies.

The API thread looks like exactly what I was after. Thanks!

Barry
I am a Statistician. One false move and you're a Statistic.