ZOOM Discussion Thread

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
GraceBuchanan

Post by GraceBuchanan »

Thanks Phil for gathering us again! Looking forward to it!
My LibriVox publications

All Listeners: I welcome all feedback including word-perfect proofing
realisticspeakers

Post by realisticspeakers »

super awesome!

super
Truth exists for the wise, Beauty for a feeling heart: They belong to each other. - Beethoven
Disclaimer:
"Kind reader, if this our performance doth in aught fall short of promise, blame not our good intent, but our unperfect wit."
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

realisticspeakers wrote: October 20th, 2021, 7:40 am super awesome!

super
Yep, it is definitely time. I don't know how to spread the word to others in our LibriVox community so if you could help telling people that would be nice. See y'all this Friday!!!!Image Hey, wait, I can put the link in my sig, that would help, eh? The sad fact is that 90% of our great group here won't even hear about it.
Peruvian owls always hunt in pairs because they are inca hoots.
89 Decibels? Easy Peasy ! https://youtu.be/aSKR55RDVpk
loon

Post by loon »

I'll see if I can make it to one of the sessions. :-)
Rich Brown - Minneapolis, MN
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

I'd be interested in participating. :) That would be my first ever Zoom Meeting as I haven't ever used Zoom before. I understand that I should first download Zoom itself and then probably create an account with a username, password and such, the way it is with this type of software. Should I use the link you provided in the announcement thread to log into this specific meeting room?
Want to hear some PREPARATION TIPS before you press "record"? Listen to THIS and THIS
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

Piotrek81 wrote: October 20th, 2021, 9:05 am I'd be interested in participating. :) That would be my first ever Zoom Meeting as I haven't ever used Zoom before. I understand that I should first download Zoom itself and then probably create an account with a username, password and such, the way it is with this type of software. Should I use the link you provided in the announcement thread to log into this specific meeting room?
Great! please do download the software, it's free. Actually the link is the same all the time for my meetings. Plus it is now in my signature. (gee I'm smart) Please do join us if at all possible, you are so active here and have a lot to share our great group of people who are all around the world helping record audiobooks. :thumbs: .
loon

Post by loon »

Piotrek81 wrote: October 20th, 2021, 9:05 am I understand that I should first download Zoom itself and then probably create an account with a username, password and such, the way it is with this type of software.
You don't need to create an account; you can join the meeting as an unregistered participant. If you get serious about Zoom you'll then want to register and sign on.
Rich Brown - Minneapolis, MN
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

loon wrote: October 20th, 2021, 9:17 am
Piotrek81 wrote: October 20th, 2021, 9:05 am I understand that I should first download Zoom itself and then probably create an account with a username, password and such, the way it is with this type of software.
You don't need to create an account; you can join the meeting as an unregistered participant. If you get serious about Zoom you'll then want to register and sign on.
Thanks Rich. I thought that was the case but wasn't sure. Just click the link, fire up your camera and microphone and you are ready to join the party.
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

philchenevert wrote: October 20th, 2021, 9:35 am
loon wrote: October 20th, 2021, 9:17 am
Thanks Rich. I thought that was the case but wasn't sure. Just click the link, fire up your camera and microphone and you are ready to join the party.
Thank you both :) I'll by happy to join the one at 6PM CET.
Want to hear some PREPARATION TIPS before you press "record"? Listen to THIS and THIS
msfry

Post by msfry »

Phil lost his internet connection around 8:30 p.m. and can't get online. He called to ask me to tell you that he can't meet tonight, and how about tomorrow night at 9 p.m CST? Post a message here to let him know if you can make it.

Today's session was very interesting.
williamjones

Post by williamjones »

msfry wrote: October 22nd, 2021, 7:13 pm Phil lost his internet connection around 8:30 p.m. and can't get online. He called to ask me to tell you that he can't meet tonight, and how about tomorrow night at 9 p.m CST? Post a message here to let him know if you can make it.

Yes. I'll make it tomorrow (Saturday) at 9pm/CST 10pm/Florida time

I agree, the first session of the day was very interesting.

-- Bill Jones
-- Bill Jones

When you think that you have exhausted all possibilities, remember this: you haven't.
--- Thomas Edison
Algy Pug

Post by Algy Pug »

msfry wrote: October 22nd, 2021, 7:13 pm Phil lost his internet connection around 8:30 p.m. and can't get online. He called to ask me to tell you that he can't meet tonight, and how about tomorrow night at 9 p.m CST? Post a message here to let him know if you can make it.

Yes - I should be able to make it (Sunday 10.00 Perth time.)

Cheers
Algy Pug

My Librivox page

Post by philchenevert »

Oh Dear!!! Whoops! :( The internet for our area went down last night about 8:30 as I was preparing for an exciting LibiVox Zoom meeting. So sorry this happened but that's life, eh? I will be hosting it again tonight Saturday, Oct 23, at 9pm central time USA. Same topics: what are you working on, sharing good stuff with others like Michele and Bill did (I now have the LV app on my Iphone!), ideas, chit chat, gossip about those who don't join the session, etc. etc. We did not get to pets and family but maybe tonight. :( The feeling that LV should care more about listeners will definitely be discussed. And it's all free! The link is in my signature which I will fix right now. :clap:
msfry

Post by msfry »

I lost my Cox connection last night too, after the Zoom session. My whole neighborhood was out, but back on now. During Ida, without cable for a week, I taught myself how to use the LTE feature on my iphone as a Hotspot, so I could get online regardless. If anybody wants a tutorial on how to do that, I'll be happy to share. HINT #1: You have to have a Bluetooth enabled computer.

Yes, I'll be there tonight.
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

Yes, Michele tried to teach me how to use my PC as a bluetooth but it did not have it. I just bought a $11 dongle that will install it for me. cool!