Taking A Break At Least For A While

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Hello Everybody,
for a long time I did not believe I would write this post. I volunteered here for a little less than 14 years. It is time for me to move on, at least for a while.

After a long time of limbo, in which I considered every possibility of continuing, I decided I would like to go. Real life are rather hectic at the moment. I astablish my own social venture which goes well and requires my time and strength. I see I have no energy left to be a proper bc and dpl and really take care of things. So I decided to leave for a while. I do not know how long, but I think it is for the best.

I would like to thank you all for lovely 14 years. Thank you for letting me manage some recording of rare books which would not have been available without us. Thank you for letting me read some books about distant places and times. Thank you for who you are, for all your kindness and understanding. I wish you all the best. I wish you good luck in everything you do. With love,
Stav.
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

I'm glad things are working out for you in real life Stav - we will miss you but it is hard to commit fully to many things at once. And hard to know when to stop sometimes.
Best wishes for your future and for your project.

Anne
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

Awww, Stav...
you were my very first co-BC in my very first group project. Thank you for showing me the ropes all these years back! :clap:

I wish you all the best in the future, and who knows, you may be back earlier than you thought!

Good luck! :D
Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox, channelling
Granny Weatherwax: "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Stav,

While I can't tell you the name of the book, I know it was you who first encouraged me to BC a project. Thanks for all you've done to support others throughout LV. Best wishes for all you're doing now and in the future.

MaryAnn
MaryinArkansas

Post by MaryinArkansas »

Stav,

I've had the pleasure of working with you on several books that I've DPL'd. I appreciate all the volunteer work that you've done with LibriVox, and wish you the very best in your future endeavors. Please be sure to keep in touch with your LibriVox friends around the world!
“Reading one book is like eating one potato chip.”
―Diane Duane, So You Want to Be a Wizard.

Mary :)📚
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Yes, we will certainly miss you, and you have contributed to a lot of projects in the time you've been here. You've helped me to discover a lot of really interesting books I wouldn't have heard about otherwise. In particular, I am grateful to you for coordinating The Heavenly Twins, which is a book I very much enjoyed and that I still think about often.
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo »

Hi Stav,

Best wishes in your current endeavors. There are many books in the LibriVox catalog that are due to your choices of books to suggest and/or BC over the years. I'm sure there are a great many grateful listeners who have enjoyed them.

Jo
Jo
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Good luck in your new adventures. You always chose such good books I always wanted to be a part of them in some way. You will be missed but hope you find great joy in whatever you are doing next.

I will step in where I can and help finish the many great projects you have started.

Hope to welcome you back soon.

Take Care
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
ADKreader1122

Post by ADKreader1122 »

Dear Stav,
Thank you for all you have done for LibriVox over the years. There are many readers who will benefit from all your hard work. Best wishes to you.

Lora
schrm

Post by schrm »

stav all my best wishes for your future!
thank you so much for inspiring me and helping me.
and please: never hesitate to come back for a visit, or a comment, or some time spending.
cheers
wolfi
reader/12275