'Thank You' messages for LibriVox readers - continued

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for miketheauctioneer (John W. Michaels) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Dear John

I enjoyed your reading of Babbitt so much! I loved the story itself, but your voices and inflections added so much to it. It was truly wonderful. Thank you!!!

Deborah

All of John's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Angel5 (Angel5) from our 'Thank a reader' feature regarding her recording of Doctor Wortle's School:
This is a "thank you" to reader Angel5. Angel5, I totally enjoyed your excellent reading of the above book. Your voice, your various accents, and your clear diction were so pleasant to listen to. Thank you very much!

All of Angel5's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
bgdavid

Post by bgdavid »

I don’t know if this goes to the listener who posted the thanks but if not perhaps it can be sent on. I appreciate the feedback and just wanted to let them know that apart from my LibriVox narration of The Count of Monte Cristo (ver3). I also have an audiobook podcast that can be found on all the podcast sites called Opera Vox Audiobooks.

Regards

David Clarke
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

bgdavid wrote: May 11th, 2021, 10:29 pm I don’t know if this goes to the listener who posted the thanks but if not perhaps it can be sent on. I appreciate the feedback and just wanted to let them know that apart from my LibriVox narration of The Count of Monte Cristo (ver3). I also have an audiobook podcast that can be found on all the podcast sites called Opera Vox Audiobooks.

Regards

David Clarke
I have sent this one for you! Thanks David!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for tabithat (tabithat) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Thank you for the clear, perfect pronunciation. Amazing character portrayal, a real pleasure. Close my eyes and the picture is painted!

A pure delight, I Humbly Thank you.

Tommy

All of tabithat's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for LukeSartor (Luke Sartor) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Title of the book:
Pushing to the Front
Orison Swett MARDEN (1850 - 1924)

------------------------------------------------
Read by Luke Sartor

I've studied, philosophy, ethics, theology but I haven't found yet
a book as the one above mentioned. I'm thankful for availability of
the book and the promotion of it. Even if just for this, it will have been
enough to have to write a thankful e-mail.

Thanks for the manner of reading. Like the voice of the good angel.
Voice of reason and virtue. Voice of conscience.

A new age starts in my life after this book.
It was especially helpful for the time we now live in.
My only regret is that I did not know about it until now.

Wish you a lot of health, happiness, love, a life full of ingenuity and success.

May you be blessed with romantic, and fulfilled life relation/s. May you be crowned with the ability to earn from each moment of life, the maximum. I wish you a life full of fascination and productive powers and creativity.

Thanks a lot!

All of Luke's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Hokuspokus (Hokuspokus) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
I'd like to praise Hokus Pokus for her excelent reading in the german language. Realy, all the novels, short stories and just everything that comes from her mouth, gives an extra value to the words she is reading. Geman is not my native language, I am dutch, and when some people have problems with the harshness of the german language, they should listen to Hokus Pokus and they will sense the beauty in the words. One last thing; I found just about everything read by Hokus Pokus, was worth listening to! Thank you so much Hokus Pokus!

All of Hokuspokus' recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for beeber (Bruce Pirie) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Dear Mr Pirie,
I just want to thank you for your great contribution to this whole project. I've listened to The unlifted veil and Ormond so far, and it's been a great pleasure to listen to your reading the stories. Thank you for doing this.
May you be well and healthy.
Bianca

All of Bruce's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for mkargo (Megan Argo) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
What a delight to listen to. Such clear correct pronunciation, character enactment is amazing.

I Thank You for the joy you've brought me.

Fondest Regards.

Tommy

All of Megan's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for tux753 (Tux) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Para Tux por su lectura de los Episodios Nacionales de Pérez Galdós.
Le agradezco infinitamente su trabajo con Episodios Nacionales, modélico, espectacular. Creo reconocer su voz en algún programa de Radio 3. Ojalá pueda pronto repetir la experiencia con otro de sus trabajos. Un cordial saludo

All of Tux's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for eggs4ears (Phil Benson) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
I listened to a couple of your recordings and loved them, so looked for things I did not know. And found Clog Shop Chronicles. What a delightful book! The language is a bit of a challenge, but the writing by a totally unknown author (to me) and the reading combine for a sublime experience.

Thank you,

Jim
Hilo, Hawaii

All of Phil's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for gioachin (Filippo Gioachin) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Hello!

My name is Misa, I'm from Chile, and I just finished listening to the recording of Cuore by Edmondo De Amicis made by Filippo Gioachin in 2007 (https://librivox.org/cuore-by-edmondo-de-amicis/). I'm sending this message because I would like to give him my heartfelt thanks for recording this beautiful book! :D

Cuore has been one of my all-time favorite books since I was about 12 years old myself and had to read it in Spanish (my native language) for school. I loved it back then and I continued to re-read it almost once per year for all the rest of my life... And now, since I'm studying Italian, I thought I'd try to read the original text as a practice (and because reading Cuore in its original language has been one of my goals since I started to study Italian on my own). Of course, my Italian level is not very advanced and I thought it would be a good idea to listen to the book as I read the text, so I would listen to the proper intonation, tone and pronunciation of the words... And that's how I found your recording, Filippo, in the Librivox catalog. :o

The experience was not only a great way to practice my Italian. It was also an amazing journey through the pages of this beautiful book, that took me back to my own childhood, made me nostalgic of the many things I enjoyed as a child, and made me cry (of emotion and of sadness and of many things), not only because of the contents of the story, but also because of the feeling and passion with which the phrases were read by you, Filippo. I loved listening to your voice, and I enjoyed every single minute of your reading the Italian version of this book that's so special to me. <3

THANK YOU! For taking the time to record this book that I love so much, for allowing me to listen to it in your beautiful voice in Italian, and for sharing this audiobook with the world, where it could reach me here, in Chile, in one of the last corners of the world.

I truly hope you continue to record books such as this, that you're doing well and staying safe through this terrible pandemic... And that my words will be able to convey how much I enjoyed listening to your audio version of my beloved Cuore by Edmondo De Amicis.

Thank you and God bless you.

Best regards from your thankful "fan",
Misa.

All of Filippo's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for philchenevert (Phil Chenevert) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
I sent you a Thank You a few years back but want to say it again. I love the way you enunciate and pronounce your words. I have even listened to stories I would never listen to because I know you will make the more interesting than other readers. My husband is a disabled veteran and our pets our senior citizens with medical issues so my days are full of work. Your readings have kept me going through the day to day work of just living.

Thanks so much, keep up the good work as long as you can. Some of us really appreciate it.

Evelyn

All of Phil's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for johnb2 (John) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Thank you John for your reading of the 1888 book Purgatory by Rev. Francois Xavier Schouppe (https://librivox.org/purgatory-by-rev-francois-xavier-schouppe/). I find your rich, mellifluous voice pleasant and relaxing. I know reading and recording those 106 sections was a lot of work. I appreciate your efforts. Thanks for volunteering.

Jon
Alexis, NC

All of John's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for thadine (Joy Chan) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
I just wanted to thank Joy Chan for reading Pilgrim's Progress.
She did a hard and wonderful job by reading this book from start to finish in a very clear and professional way.
God bless you!
Our work for the Lord is not in vain 1Cor. 15.58

All of Joy's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!