'Thank You' messages for LibriVox readers - continued

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for caiovaralta (Caio Varalta) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Caio Varalta, thank you so much for your time and dedication in reading The Arrow and the Song by Henry Wadswoth Longfellow. I enjoyed it so much and can not wait to hear some more of your readings in the future.
Again thank you,
Jessie

All of Caio's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for iBeScotty (Scotty Smith) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Good Morning,

The book is Musings of Chinese Mystic: Selections from the Philosophy of Chuang Tzu;
By Lionel Giles and Zhuangzhi; translated by Herbert Allen Giles

link:
https://librivox.org/musings-of-a-chinese-mystic-by-lionel-giles/

Read and Coordinated by Scotty Smith

Metacoordinated by Availle

I really enjoyed listening to this book on early Taoism; the standard favorite portions apply: Zhuangzhis butterfly dream, the almost Heideggerian dasein of Prince Wen-hui's cook, there's almost too many to list; the play of the expression of Tao with Lieh Tzu, his master Hu Tzu, and the perceptive but incomprehending Chi Hsien
oh, or who can forget the timeless truism of the briefly related history of Lady Li, and how she at first wept to leave her home and be brought to the state of Chin to be the consort of a king (emperor?), but then once she was there in the palace in happiness, how she wondered why she had wept, and then how Chuangzi ties this in to a question of whether similarly this is how the living may weep at death.

and the reading of the book was excellent, (I love librivox)

Have a nice day and keep up the good work!
Thanks again, very much,
Steven

All of Scotty's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for kaseumin (kaseumin) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Dear kaseumin,

I would like to say thank you for your beautifull reading of
小倉百人一首 (Ogura Hyakunin Isshu)

I used it for my music - hope it is okay to you - if not, please send me a note.

You can hear and see it here:
https://youtu.be/xA3OgdOjoaA

Kind Regards
deOrbiter
All of kaseumin's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for gloriana (Elizabeth Klett) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Dear Elizabeth Klett

I have just finished listening to Evalina by Fanny Burney and wish to thank you for your readings. It was a real tour de force, so many characters with different voices and accents in the letters you read, yet you handled them all flawlessly. Thank you so much. It was a joy to listen to you.
Marion (Australia)

All of Elizabeth's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
ArthurTrinchera

Post by ArthurTrinchera »

Thank you so much Ezwa for your lovely version of The Woodland Halo!: https://librivox.org/the-woodland-hallo-by-robert-bloomfield/

I'm new to reading here and was surprised and delighted to find your joyful rendition of the poem!

Made my day!
Sincerely,
Arthur Trinchera
JamesJenkins

Post by JamesJenkins »

@Craigos / Craig Franklin

Thank you for your reading of 'Alice's Adventures in Wonderland (Version 7)'

https://librivox.org/alices-adventures-in-wonderland-version-7-by-lewis-carroll/

At times it is like listening to Jim Dale read Harry Potter, your range of voices and tone are fantastic.

James
This post uses 100% recycled electrons
Craigos

Post by Craigos »

Thank you.
HandmadePSK

Post by HandmadePSK »

icequeen wrote: April 19th, 2021, 9:01 pm Praise received for kaseumin (kaseumin) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Dear kaseumin,

I would like to say thank you for your beautifull reading of
小倉百人一首 (Ogura Hyakunin Isshu)

I used it for my music - hope it is okay to you - if not, please send me a note.

You can hear and see it here:
https://youtu.be/xA3OgdOjoaA

Kind Regards
deOrbiter
All of kaseumin's recordings!
My thumbs-up, subscription and best wishes! 👏
Alexander ❤ HandmadePSK ❤ About me ◀◀◀ (readable)
🦋 Aspire to inspire before we expire! 🦄
HandmadePSK

Post by HandmadePSK »

Many thanks to all of them who made it possible to me to listen to the Charles Dickens 200th Anniversary Collection Vol. 5 - readers, MC, BC, DPL and all others!
https://librivox.org/charles-dickens-200th-anniversary-collection-vol-5/

Thank you all & good luck! Be blessed! 💖
Alexander ❤ HandmadePSK ❤ About me ◀◀◀ (readable)
🦋 Aspire to inspire before we expire! 🦄
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Keratak (Keith Salis) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Keith Salis,
We have been thoroughly enjoying your reading of the Boy Scout Books by Thornton Burgess. These stories take us back to a time when life seemed safer and simpler, more like our childhood, although these stories are much older than we are. The world has changed so much lately, we find ourselves missing “the good ol’ days”.
It is such a joy to be read to, and you do it very well! Your voice is very soothing and your recordings are clear and well done. We really appreciate it when books are read solo. The differences in microphones, pitch, background noise, etc. can really affect the enjoyment of listening. We want to thank you for the sacrifice of your time, to volunteer to read for strangers. We are very grateful indeed!
Sincerely, Al & Penny

All of Keith's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Kaffen (Mark F. Smith) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Dear Mr. Smith, it’s really an excellent experience to enjoy your recordings. Keep it up .Love form Bangladesh.

I listened to the following book.

https://librivox.org/the-adventures-of-sherlock-holmes-by-sir-arthur-conan-doyle-2/
and...
Dear Mr. Smith,

I am Riccardo, Italian Law student from Milan.

I would like to thank you for your amazing interpretation of "Life and Adventures of Robinson Crusoe".

I spent hours and hours listening to your voice narrating the story written by Daniel Defoe and I really enjoyed it.

I am currently enhancing my knowledge of English, which is not my first language, and I really appreciate the effort you and many other Readers of LibriVox put into this activity, that is very helpful for foreign students too.

I feel like I almost know you after hearing your voice for so many hours! It was very clear and I am nearly sad that the book has already finished.

Thank you again! Please feel free to contact me at this email address.

Best wishes,

Riccardo

All of Mark's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for aradlaw (David Lawrence) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Dear David,

Thank you for your reading of "Canada, My Land." I love it!!!
https://librivox.org/canada-my-land-by-william-mackay-mackeracher/

I incorporated it into my video
Relaxing Drive from Bolton to Nobleton, ON || Listen to Famous Canadian Poem
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BZR_9LzdYk

I appreciate that you care so much to do this!! That you took the time and did it so pitch-perfectly!! You are really contributing in such a meaningful way to the world of reading, great poetry, creative works, classics, and history that you freely used your time so somebody like me could hear the poem and also now more Canadians can know this poem!!

Best regards,

Carolyn

All of David's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Kargin (Gargoyle) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Thank you, Gargoyle, for your amazing, clear reading of the hymn "A Prayer for God's Blessing" by Robert E.W. Cottrill in Section 01, Subsection 02 of Public Domain Hymns 01
Your voice just shines!!!
https://librivox.org/public-domain-hymns-01-by-various/

Many, many thanks!!!

Your tone and pacing is A++++ and thank you that you would work on readings for Librivox in general!! A gift and blessing for others!!

Including (and especially) me, as I heard your reading many times and the whole Subsection, deciding which hymn to use (and I hope people who watch my video). I was able to use the hymn in my YouTube video

"A Prayer for God's Blessing" by R Cottrill (& Drive from King to Hwy 400)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0zFjv2SKEI

Sincerely,

Carolyn

All of Gargoyle's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for bart (Bart de Leeuw) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Beste medewerkers,

hartelijk dank voor het vele werk wat jullie hieraan hebben besteed. We hebben met de kinderen in de auto Dik Trom beluisterd en zijn nu bezig met Afke's tiental. Alleen heb ik de reis van Aljaska en de Canada-spoorweg beluisterd en Wandelingen op Walcheren van Craandijk. Ik ben juist begonnen met Alleen op de Wereld. Heel leuk om deze oude verhalen te horen!

Met vriendelijke groet,

Bart

All of Bart's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for bgdavid (David Clarke) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Hello Librivox:

Many thanks to all of you at Librivox for all of your work in providing free audiobooks to the public.
It is a labor of love and I look forward to listening to the great books that your readers have read for the public's
enjoyment and edification. May your site flourish and grow!

In particular, I would like to thank Mr.David Clarke for his masterful reading of the Sherlock Holmes novels.
I just finished listening to all of the novels, ending with the Valley of Fear. Mr.Clarke's ability to capture the spirit of the story,
especially in the way he was able to change his voice to match each person in the story was amazing.
I would like to thank him for his time and effort in presenting to the world a definitive reading of the Sherlock Holmes stories.

I am curious about Mr. Clarke's background and if he has done other work, either in the arts or in theater that I may enjoy.

Wishing Librivox and Mr. Clarke all the best,

Sam

All of David's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!