'Thank You' messages for LibriVox readers - continued

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen » March 12th, 2019, 9:02 pm

Praise received for Margaret (Margaret Espaillat) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Dear Librivox and Dear Margaret,
In deep respect and gratitude I would like to thank you so very much for your service. Margaret, in particular to let you kno how wonderful your offering of Middlemarch ... goodness ...what a mamoth tak and you read so beautifully and offered great voice to each of the characters. I very rarely have the opportunity to listen to books but i do love George Ellliots work and i do sometimes find it less easy to listen to many readers on one book. I had waited for your rendition to be complete.

wishing you well and much joy as a reader and in all your undertakings.
thank you so much Librivox too.

with kindness

All of Margaret's recordings!
Ann

"Qui res mundi vellet scire linguam Latinam cognoscat."

icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen » March 12th, 2019, 9:07 pm

Praise received for Kehinde (Nathalie J.) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Dear Nathalie J.,

I wanted to take a moment to share my appreciation for all your efforts. I'm now nearly finished with listening to Travels in West Africa. Your voice is so pleasant and easy on the ears! Thank you oh so much!

Best Regards,

All of Nathalie's recordings!
Ann

icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen » March 12th, 2019, 9:11 pm

Praise received for Caeristhiona (Kirsten Ferreri) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Kirsten-

Thank you for recording Brother Lawrence! I’ve listened to your Librivox recording over and over and enjoy it immensely! Your calming voice and phrasing make it even more enjoyable. I wish that you could record his maxims.

Thanks again!

All of Kirsten's recordings!
Ann

icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen » March 12th, 2019, 9:19 pm

Praise received for THynes (Tadhg) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Dear Tadhg,

I just wish to thank you for your most enjoyable and entertaining reading of Charles Dickens' David Copperfield. I am loving it! I love your voices - all brilliant. (The hag type voices conjures up memories of Monty Python's hag type sketches and bring a smile even though I really don't like the character and your Uriah Heap is so fitting to the character - he makes my skin crawl.) You bring across Charles Dickens' humour in this book beautifully, especially his intoxicated evening!

I listened to another reading a few years ago that you had done, I think it could have been Oliver Twist? It was definitely another English classic. And I so enjoyed that too...that when I saw that you were the reader for this version of David Copperfield I looked so forward to hearing it. It is so much nicer when the reading of a book is done by one voice - especially when the reader is talented and entertaining - so thank you for your effort as I am sure it takes much of your time.

I am an artist in South Africa and listening to these stories while I am working endlessly on pieces keeps me company and keeps me focused.

Thank you thank you.

Best wishes.

Yours sincerely,

Lisl

All of Tadhg's recordings!
Ann

icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen » March 12th, 2019, 9:24 pm

Praise received for Bead Krazy Dawn (Dawn Larsen) from our 'Thank a reader' feature regarding her recording of 32 Caliber:

Thank you very well done

All of Dawn's recordings!
Ann

icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen » March 12th, 2019, 9:28 pm

Praise received for philchenevert (Phil Chenevert) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Mr. Chenevert,

Thank you for doing the Wizard of Oz series. We didn’t start with you, but with one of the early ones, we switched to your version and stayed there. I am sitting down to find some more Children’s books on Librovox, and it occurred to me to see if you’ve done others, since we enjoyed your voice. Which I see you have done others😊 Thank you.

Susan

All of Phil's recordings!
Ann

icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen » March 12th, 2019, 9:32 pm

Praise received for chocoholic (Laurie Anne Walden) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Hi Laurie Anne,

I enjoyed your reading of A Study in Scarlet by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. I am usually partial to English accents when listening to audiobooks, so I was pleasantly surprised that I took to your accent so easily. Your soothing voice with that southern drawl, and not to mention the pacing of your reading, made my traffic ridden journeys to and from work every day quite enjoyable. I was also pleased to notice that you have read quite a number of books which I look forward to listening to as well.

Thank you so much for taking the effort.

All of Laurie Anne's recordings!
Ann

icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen » March 12th, 2019, 9:35 pm

Praise received for mb (mb) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Thanks you SO much for such a lively reading of the book!
I am French and had to study this book for a test I will be taking next week. Even if I teach English, I expected The Confidence-Man to be a difficult read because of Melville's 1850s English. But I am very much enjoying the listening of the book. Your work definitely made the difference for me.
Thank you for such a great performance!

Stéphanie

All of mb's recordings!
Ann

icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen » March 12th, 2019, 9:40 pm

Praise received for Anders (Anders Ø. Kristensen) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Just wanted to tell him, that his voice was really nice for GULDHORNENE. I liked the rythm in his reading, it’s a nice fit for the poetry. I would love to hear him narrate more things ^_^ If he ever wants to read stuff that is not public domain, I would listen to that as well.

Love to get good advice from him for reading out loud.

Keep up the good Work.

Hej Anders.
Tak for lækker oplæsning, det lyder bare skønt ^_^

Hjertelig hilsen Christina

All of Anders' recordings!
Ann

icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen » March 12th, 2019, 9:44 pm

Praise received for pjcsaville (Patrick Saville) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Patrick,

My sons and I so enjoyed your reading of Tor, A Street Boy of Jerusalem! Thank you for your time, for making us smile, and we thank God for your pleasant reading voice. And what a wonderful, God-glorifying story!

D.

All of Patrick's recordings!
Ann

icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen » March 12th, 2019, 9:50 pm

Praise received for skoval (skoval) from our 'Thank a reader' feature regarding his recording of The Antiquary:

To the reader of this wonderful book. i so enjoyed your expressive reading of this book. Lovely to listen to . ive never heard anyone read so beautifully. i cannot imagine the time you put into this masterpiece of pronunciation. i felt like it was another time and place. Thank you! And God bless you!

All of skoval's recordings!
Ann

icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen » March 12th, 2019, 9:56 pm

Praise received for Kaffen (Mark F. Smith) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Dear MR Smith.
Thank you for keeping me company in my car on so many journeys both short & long.
Mark. Ireland.
and...
Hello Mark!

I am currently in my first year at college and I’ve been utilizing Librivox since my freshman year of high school when we had to read Great Expectations by Charles Dickens. That was the first time I listened to an audiobook and I loved it. Next was The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn and the audio book you recorded was a life saver when it came to deciphering Jim’s dialogue which Twain wrote in a colloquial style. I just wanted to send a thank you for all the work you do your way because the introduction to audiobooks that you helped to provide changed the way I interact with literature.

Finnia
All of Mark's recordings!
Ann

icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen » March 12th, 2019, 9:59 pm

Praise received for Rowen (Lizzie Driver) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Lizzie,
I just finished listening to your reading of Gulliver's Travels and it was fantastic! I have always wanted to read the book and your accent and tones of voice were wonderful. I'm taking a Poetry class right now and Swift has been mentioned multiple times. You definitely helped me get through the denser parts of the book I might not have made it through by myself. I intend to pick another book you have narrated and listen to that one next.
Greetings from Maryland, USA,

All of Lizzie's recordings!
Ann

Gregg

Post by Gregg » March 14th, 2019, 5:16 pm

Thank you Hollis Hanover! Your reading is clear, articulate, and well-paced. A great example to emulate.