'Thank You' messages for LibriVox readers - continued

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for gloriana (Elizabeth Klett) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Dear Elizabeth,

Having already listened to every Jane Austen that you have read for Librivox, I am looking forward today to begin listening to House of Mirth.

You read beautifully. I work with my hands, and often the work can be quite boring. When I have a good book to listen to, the hours rush by and I am eager to get to work again the next morning. Your reading makes my workdays a joy.

Thank you for the many hours you have given to record these works. I am happy to have the good luck to want to hear the books you want to read.

With sincere gratitude,

Zuzana

All of Elizabeth's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for neustar (Bob Neufeld) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Mr . Neufeld,

I cannot overstate how much I appreciate the quality of your audio recordings. I currently instruct students in a correctional setting. My students range from late teens to well into their sixties. Their reading abilities and academic abilities vary widely. Your nuanced and well-paced recordings have become a staple in my classic literature classes. The advanced readers sit back and learn about how to structure the pace and pauses of their own reading, while my more challenged student follow along in their texts as you read. So many of these latter students say your recordings make all the difference to their understanding of the story. I personally listen to your selections prior to class while driving to work. You have made my commute much more enjoyable. Please keep recording. Whenever I visit the Libivox site for audio books, I look for you name first. Thanks again for helping me help those who need education so desperately.

Mark at NH-DOC

All of Bob's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for ahab (Stewart Wills) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Thank you, Stewart, for an excellent reading of Herman Melville’s classic, MOBY DICK. You provided me with great pleasure
by the utmost skilled reading you provided.

God bless,

Phil
Nelson BC Canada

All of Stewart's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for psuke (Psuke Bariah) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Please convey thanks to the reader:
Psuke Bariah

For Psmith, Journalist

You have a such a euphonious voice that I cannot resist myself from listening you again and again. The rendition of different characters with some distinctive features made the reading vivid, animated (that's the best skill to have for a reader). The pronunciation to letter "T" is prominent (sign of a rich accent☺). You have a natural sence of enticement in your voice that lure a reader (😂 I mean the lessener). I extend my gratitude for your endeavour and wish you a prosperous life. Please do some more books.By the way, it will be my eternal desire to meet you oneday (I can assure you that😙).

Thank you.
Akash

All of Psuke's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for mom_of_nine (Theresa L. Downey) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Hello, Ms Downey!

Thanks for your lovely reading of "Stepping Heavenward", by Elisabeth Prentiss. It is a true classic that I read annually and you have done a great service in reading it for Librivox.

I especially enjoy listening to your voice and your reading cadence is an exceptional match for this book and storyline.

If you have an online channel that I can follow or have other readings elsewhere, let me know. Thank you!

Warmly,
Kris

All of Theresa's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
mom_of_nine

Post by mom_of_nine »

Thank you, Kris, for your encouraging note! Reading that story was a labor of love. I have been hoping to someday finish the Life and Letters of Elizabeth Prentiss, but that project has been on the back burner for a few years. I appreciate you reaching out!

Blessings! Theresa
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

mom_of_nine wrote: August 13th, 2018, 11:13 am Thank you, Kris, for your encouraging note! Reading that story was a labor of love. I have been hoping to someday finish the Life and Letters of Elizabeth Prentiss, but that project has been on the back burner for a few years. I appreciate you reaching out!

Blessings! Theresa

I passed your note along to the listener!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for gloriana (Elizabeth Klett) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

An absolutely brilliant rendition of Jane Eyre. I never gave a thought to the reader until the introduction to the next chapter. Rich in emotion, but not overly.

Thank you for the enjoyable experience.

All of Elizabeth's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for neustar (Bob Neufeld) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Dear Mr. Bob ,
That was really great , I enjoyed listening to you, it was not only reading a book, it was like you acting like you were him, your voice, your tone, it was like listening to him defending himself, your voice like suit the character, wise , calm, intelligent, managing all the conversation like you were him, your reading, like a complete show , I was listening and imaging him, all other people , I was imagining all details while you reading calmly and with tone going up and down ,...etc, it was really good, I loved it, and I learned from it, Thank you Mr. Bob, really appreciate it .
my Mather language is not English, so please excuse my English.

Best Regards

Rana

All of Bob's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for sjmarky (Mark Nelson) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Dear Mark,

I just wanted to let you know how much I have enjoyed your reading of A Princess of Mars, The Gods of Mars and The Warlord of Mars:
https://librivox.org/a-princess-of-mars-by-edgar-rice-burroughs-2
https://librivox.org/the-gods-of-mars-version-3-by-edgar-rice-burroughs/
https://librivox.org/the-warlord-of-mars-version-3-by-edgar-rice-burroughs/

I have now listened to all three, late at night, while lying cosily on a mattress in my study! (I do not have a smartphone or tablet.) It has really been most enjoyable. I have not read the books since I was a teenager, though I have them on my shelves in a nice old hardback edition.

Thank you very much for recording them!

Kind regards,

Alison
Edinburgh

All of Mark's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for phileasfogg (Victor Villarraza) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Para Victor Villarraza, por 20000 leguas de viaje submarino:

Felicitaciones, amigo, por el gran trabajo que has hecho.
Fue un placer aprovechar mis viajes de casa al trabajo manejando mientras oía las aventuras del Profesor Aronnax y el Capitán Nemo.
Un fuerte abrazo y te seguiré oyendo.
Muy buen sitio librivox!!!

All of Victor's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Sue Anderson (Sue Anderson) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Book: birding in british Guiana and venezuela

Reader: sue Anderson

What a delight to listen to this book covering familiar territory, fauna and sounds of the tropics. Was particularly surprised by the ease of pronouncing scientific names and imitating bird sounds. Went to your website and no longer surprised…a real treat listening and transporting myself. Thankyou!!

Kindest regards

Karin

netherlands

All of Sue's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for gailtv (Gail Timmerman Vaughan) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Re: The Black Tulip by A.Dumas read by Gail Timmermen Vaughan. An excellent rendition! I particularly liked the pronunciation of the French, which was done lightly. Oft times, readers will strongly express a foreign word so as to make it unintelligible and interrupt the flow of the prose. This she did not do. The words were read casually but with expression. Thank you.

All of Gail's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Sandra7 (Sandra G) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Dear Sandra,

Thank you for your lovely reading of "Poor Miss Finch" by Wilkie Collins. I enjoyed your lovely voice and sensitive, intelligent reading. I loved the way you did Herr Grosse!

I live in Israel and am working on my thesis which deals with the Victorian novel. A friend from America who is writing her thesis about "sense and touch" recommended "Poor Miss Finch".

I could not find it on Audible and was surprised to find it on Librivox.

I am sure you chose to read this book because you like it a lot and it definitely shows in your reading.

Thank you!

All of Sandra's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Kaffen (Mark F. Smith) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Mark F. Smith,

I have very much enjoyed your reading of Verne's "The Mysterious Island".
https://librivox.org/the-mysterious-island-by-jules-verne/

Your voice, it's pacing and your right-on emphasis within sentences are a model for all of us to emulate.
Great job!

I am pleased to see that you've been very, very active; so, I have many hours of good listening to look forward to.

Thank you!

william

All of Mark's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!