LibriVox Vidcast 01!

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
gypsygirl
Posts: 8665
Joined: June 12th, 2006, 6:00 pm
Location: British expat in Waco, TX
Contact:

Post by gypsygirl » November 25th, 2008, 4:54 am

Very funny. :)

I think the singing bit is ceastman, not RuthieG, though.
Karen S.

RuthieG
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 22046
Joined: April 17th, 2008, 8:41 am
Location: Kent, England
Contact:

Post by RuthieG » November 26th, 2008, 1:57 pm

gypsygirl wrote:I think the singing bit is ceastman, not RuthieG, though.
I may be utterly adorable, but I couldn't even hit her LOW notes. :lol:

Ruth
My LV catalogue page | RuthieG's CataBlog of recordings | Tweet: @RuthGolding

ceastman
Posts: 4284
Joined: December 28th, 2005, 8:36 pm
Location: Redwood City, CA

Post by ceastman » November 30th, 2008, 9:57 pm

RuthieG wrote:
gypsygirl wrote:I think the singing bit is ceastman, not RuthieG, though.
I may be utterly adorable, but I couldn't even hit her LOW notes. :lol:
Yup, that's me.

Cori, that's brilliant! Beautifully done - I hope you'll feel moved to do more of them. :clap: :lol:

ekaitz
Posts: 33
Joined: November 6th, 2007, 12:38 am

Post by ekaitz » December 5th, 2008, 5:25 pm

very well done! :clap: You should put it on Youtube also.

fink
Posts: 332
Joined: August 7th, 2008, 8:50 am

Post by fink » December 8th, 2008, 12:58 pm

Wow! and a big jaw drop too :D
Fantastic Cori... I really enjoyed watching and listening.
Hmmm? It starts me thinking... maybeI should let the webcam run next time I record. :mrgreen:

Thanks you so much for taking the time to do it.... much, much appreciated.
Joseph

plaidsicle
Posts: 707
Joined: December 17th, 2014, 10:57 pm
Location: Indiana, USA
Contact:

Post by plaidsicle » May 15th, 2018, 11:30 am

I've saved a link to this old thread in my file of LVC podcast notes, since it is the only remaining evidence I've been able to find of vidcast #01 and podcast episode #90. reading how everyone enjoyed it so much makes me wish it could be unearthed from whatever digital archeological pile of LibriVox/Internet Archive history it got swept into. are there wayback machine archives for the Internet Archive itself, I wonder?
'whenever people agree with me I always feel I must be wrong.' -Oscar Wilde
plaidsicle.blogspot.com

Basquetteur
Posts: 272
Joined: January 23rd, 2016, 1:17 am
Location: Belgium - Bélgica - Belgique- België
Contact:

Post by Basquetteur » May 28th, 2018, 9:49 am

plaidsicle wrote:
May 15th, 2018, 11:30 am
I've saved a link to this old thread in my file of LVC podcast notes, since it is the only remaining evidence I've been able to find of vidcast #01 and podcast episode #90. reading how everyone enjoyed it so much makes me wish it could be unearthed from whatever digital archeological pile of LibriVox/Internet Archive history it got swept into. are there wayback machine archives for the Internet Archive itself, I wonder?
Hi

I have made a search on the way back machine of the librivox wiki page compiling the librivox community podcasts, this page:
https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/Librivox_Community_Podcast
(just putting this link into the way back machine)

This, I think, is what I got:

https://web.archive.org/web/20100309181926/https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/Librivox_Community_Podcast

Unfortunately, although it does go back until 2009 (it has 6 captures of that wiki page), it looks that by that time, 2010, the librivox vidcast01 was already deleted.

There are only available the names of the files and the formats. It appeared in somethign like archive / moving images / open source media

May be others more familiar with the subject can dig better than me.

Regards,

Basquetteur

plaidsicle
Posts: 707
Joined: December 17th, 2014, 10:57 pm
Location: Indiana, USA
Contact:

Post by plaidsicle » May 29th, 2018, 3:35 pm

aw, thanks for digging around. it might be lost forever unless Cori kept a copy of the original.
'whenever people agree with me I always feel I must be wrong.' -Oscar Wilde
plaidsicle.blogspot.com

Post Reply