'Thank You' messages for LibriVox readers - continued

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Eduard Rochester (James K. White) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

James K. White - Reader

Mr. White,

What an absolute delight it was to listen to you tell the story of "The House Behind the Cedars". As you were talking, I could see, smell, feel and live the moments in the story. It was fantastic and your storytelling was amazing. Thank You for this wonderful journey as at this moment I wish the story could continue.

With Admiration,
Denise

All of James' recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
stromstoff

Post by stromstoff »

I want to thank David Barnes (earthcalling) and Ruth Golding (RuthieG) for their work and contributions to librivox.org!

All of David's recordings!
All of Ruth's recordings!

I've used samples of their recordings in a remix:
https://soundcloud.com/stromstoff/unknown-primes-stromstoff-remix

And I want to thank the team behind librivox.org for their awesome site.
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for ahab (Stewart Wills) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

I think it was in high school, many years ago, when I first read Moby Dick. Loved it. Ever since, no matter how many times I bought a new copy, determined to read it again, I never managed to get very far - so much to do, and my mind wandering from that old fashioned American language. Well, it has been a pleasure, your reading of it. Thanks very much. (I found it on archive.org) Best regards, Arthur, Gothenburg Sweden

All of Stewart's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for earthcalling (David Barnes) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Hello David. I am currently listening to Revelations of Divine Love. The language was difficult for me to read but when I found this site with your recording I was delighted. Your reading of the revelations is calming, reverent and easily understood. What a powerful work this is and my gratitude to you for doing God's work so beautifully. Thank You. Ann

Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for gypsygirl (Karen Savage) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

I have just discovered your readings of the Scarlet Pimpernel books by Baroness Orczy. Delightful! Your accent is just the thing to spell me into Percy’s adventures. Thank-you so much, looking forward to more (sadly I can listen faster than you have time to read)

Your effort is very much appreciated. Thanks again.

Ja

All of Karen's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for THynes (Tadhg) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

I just finished with great pleasure T. Hardy-Jude the Obscure, read beautifully by Tadhg Hynes.
I was delighted by the pace, the voice, clarity and dramatic consistency that was so respectfully and thoughtfully
given to the text. I can imagine that this kind of effort takes skill, patience and an attention to detail that
might go often unappreciated, so I justwanted to express my gratitude for this service. It illuminated this work, and made it come alive for me.
Many thanks,
Jesse

and...

Thank you for your splendid reading of Far from the Madding Crowd! The lilt of your voice made the rural English conversations come to life. I have heard many audio readings, but never enjoyed one more than your perfect rendering. I have just downloaded your reading of Return of the Native and look forward to hearing all of your offerings at the LibriVox list.

Rose
Aurora, Colorado

All of Tadhg's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Eric Leach (Eric Leach) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Just finished The House of a Thousand Candles V.2 read by Eric Leach. Mr. Leach, you did an excellent job on this and I thoroughly enjoyed it. You speak well and your pacing was great.

Regards,
Cynthia

All of Eric's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Mermaid (Mil Nicholson) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Many thanks for your reading of Dickens (so far I’ve listened to Bleak House and have nearly finished Dombey and Son). Like many people I suppose, I was put off Dickens at school, but your lively reading brings them alive. Your enjoyment of the books really comes through. Looking forward to more!

All of Mil's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for toriasuncle (toriasuncle) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Dear reader, whose name I hear as ‘Toria’s Uncle, Thank you for your beautiful reading of W.E.B.Dubois’ Souls of BlackFolk: great prose, powerful sensitive reading.
All best wishes,
Mordicai

All of toriasuncle's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for simonevers (Simon Evers) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

I wish to send a thank you note to Simon Evers for his reading of Arthur Conan Doyle's short stories in Short Mystery Story Collection 006 (https://librivox.org/librivox-short-mystery-story-collection-vol-006-by-various/).

It's a very clear reading and with enough interpretation not to sound monotone, it is instead catching. I was again drawn to that comfortable sitting room that has become so familiar to me in my years of reading and re-reading of ACD's stories, thanks to Mr. Evers and his lovely reading.

I shall listen to his other readings now.

I work from home, doing sometimes manual work, and Librivox (together with BBC's Iplayer), help me not to spend the day in silence; instead, my knowledge of literature grows bigger.

Thank you again,
Veruska

All of Simon's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for the readers of the group project for Ivanhoe from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

I wish to thank the readers who read Ivanhoe. It was a lovely story done very well! I appreciated it when I was doing my 2 mile walk, listening to it on my Walkman.
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
stromstoff

Post by stromstoff »

I want to thank Sue Anderson and David Barnes (earthcalling) for their work and contributions to librivox.org!

All of Sue's recordings!

I've used samples of their recordings in another remix:
https://soundcloud.com/stromstoff/william-mavor-wots-stromstoff-remix

I unfortunately can't message them directly, this feature is not yet available for me
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for gypsygirl (Karen Savage) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Greetings to Karen Savage??

I wanted to take this opportunity to tell you what an amazing contribution you have made to my life.

A few years ago now I was having some issues, not coping at all, and my husband would send me up to bed, where I would listen to What Katy Did, which had been a childhood favourite of mine. I related to Katy's disability, her struggle, her hard-won gains, and listened again and again to you reading, "Oh, Papa, never mind how long it takes, so long as I get well!"

My twelve year old daughter - who thinks classics are stupid - heard me listening to What Katy Did and started using it as her bedtime ritual to go to sleep to. Then she told me, "Hey, did you know Karen Savage also reads A Little Princess?" Which was another of my childhood favourites.

A year later it occurred to me to look up what else you might read, and I cannot tell you my delight when I found The Scarlet Pimpernel, my most cherished childhood favourite. I just finished listening to that one and enjoyed it immensely.

I am now listening to Anne׳s House of Dreams. I just shed a little tear when Anne's baby died and thought I really must write to you.

To find such a constellation of my old favourites read by such a sensitive and expert reader who is such a pleasure for me to listen to has enriched my life immeasurably.

I wanted to thank you more than I can say, to ask you please to consider reading Little Lord Fauntleroy (and maybe a Secret Garden, though they seem to have enough versions on Librivox already) and maybe maybe A Traveller in Time, by Allison Uttley. But definitely Little Lord Fauntleroy.

Blessings and goodness, and many thanks,

Tamara,
Sydney, Australia

All of Karen's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for pipesdreams (Moira Fogarty) and lyra211 (Meredith Hughes) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Hi Librivox, Please thank Moira Fogarty for her recording of "Art of War" and Meredith Hughes for her recording of "The Jungle Book."

All of Moira's recordings!
All of Meredith's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Kaffen (Mark F. Smith) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Mark,

I am a full time student studying English and I also work 25-30 hours a week. I cannot tell you how much I appreciate being able to do homework on the go or while doing other tasks! Your recordings bring stories to life and I was so excited that you had one for Huckleberry Finn (one of my assigned books this semester). If only I could give you my syllabus for each class to do a reading! I just wanted to say thank you for the time you put in and that it really does make my life so much easier and more enjoyable!

Thank you,

Emma

All of Mark's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!