Some noise issues on a recording

Post your questions & get help from friendly LibriVoxers
Epachuko

Post by Epachuko »

Hi there my friends

I do not know what on earth happen with this recording: https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/casadevapor_02_verne_128kb.mp3

I recorded three sections that day and only this one had bad noise. Not the disclaimer, but the rest of the recording. There is some kind of "echo" and my Audacity knowledge is not as wide... I made some unsuccesful attemps to improve the quality.

Maybe someone can help me with some Audacity advice or spell :lol: I would rather not to récord it again... :roll:

Thanks for your time
Grabaciones de Epachuko
Colabora leyendo secciones en español con nosotros en el foro Readers Wanted Languages other than English Recuerdos de mi vida (Ramón y Cajal) El Periquillo Sarniento- Cuentos valencianos - Primer romancero gitano
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

Did you set the correct microphone in Audacity? Were you accidentally using the built-in microphone on your computer?
Female Scripture Characters by William Jay (1769 - 1853) 97% 1 left! "The Penitent Sinner Part 2"
St. Augustine (Vol.6 Psalms 126-150) 94% 3 left!
PL pls: DPL 43 27-28
Epachuko

Post by Epachuko »

InTheDesert wrote: November 19th, 2022, 1:53 am Did you set the correct microphone in Audacity? Were you accidentally using the built-in microphone on your computer?
I dont know...this recording was the third I made that morning, If it was the cause I do not know how it could happen, because I did not switch off the computer or touch the micro...

Is there a chance to improve the sound quality? :? Or should I start thinking on récord it again? :cry:
Grabaciones de Epachuko
Colabora leyendo secciones en español con nosotros en el foro Readers Wanted Languages other than English Recuerdos de mi vida (Ramón y Cajal) El Periquillo Sarniento- Cuentos valencianos - Primer romancero gitano
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

I don't hear anything wrong with the recording. It does sound different after the intro, but not bad that would require re-recording. Is my listening equipment broken? Or maybe you've already fixed it?
Epachuko

Post by Epachuko »

Rapunzelina wrote: November 19th, 2022, 5:27 am I don't hear anything wrong with the recording. It does sound different after the intro, but not bad that would require re-recording. Is my listening equipment broken? Or maybe you've already fixed it?
I did not fix it i don not know how yet :9: , I just do not know why this happen. The file is maybe good enough to listen but the rest of the proyect' sections have a nice an clean sound, if it posible I would like to deliver a nice and clean recording forvthe goid of yhe listeners

Thanks a lot Rapunzelina :D
Grabaciones de Epachuko
loon

Post by loon »

I second InTheDesert's idea - it sounds a lot like you were recording with a different microphone. If you happened to stop recording for a while to take part in a Zoom call I would be practically certain: Zoom is notorious for altering sound and video settings and not restoring things when it is done.
Rich Brown - Minneapolis, MN
Epachuko

Post by Epachuko »

loon wrote: November 19th, 2022, 10:38 am I second InTheDesert's idea - it sounds a lot like you were recording with a different microphone. If you happened to stop recording for a while to take part in a Zoom call I would be practically certain: Zoom is notorious for altering sound and video settings and not restoring things when it is done.
I think you are right fellas. I got a better micro a year ago with USB, the quality is much better but... I guess sometimes Audacity "decide" to use the PC micro... it has happenned several times, I guess I hsve to be more careful and make a test every single time I start a new file...

Being more careful, double checking this, and cover with a thick blanket I will get the best quality noise :lol: :mrgreen:

No way to fix it with a magic efectos on Audacity, right? :hmm: :lol:
Grabaciones de Epachuko
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

Epachuko wrote: November 19th, 2022, 10:59 am No way to fix it with a magic efectos on Audacity, right? :hmm: :lol:
Echo is really hard to remove in post processing. Cutting the bass and boosting the treble can improve it but not remove it.
Female Scripture Characters by William Jay (1769 - 1853) 97% 1 left! "The Penitent Sinner Part 2"
St. Augustine (Vol.6 Psalms 126-150) 94% 3 left!
PL pls: DPL 43 27-28