Help with my AutoHotKey script - please

Post your questions & get help from friendly LibriVoxers
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

I use AutoHotKeys a LOT while editing. But I have assigned the Caps key in conjunction with other keys to do a variety of things. But when I when I stop editing and try to do other things, the caps key stays locked down. I must stop, manually and suspend the script before I can type in anything but caps.

Is there a way to stop this from happening by adding some command at the bottom? Or a way to have the Auto script automatically suspend? For years I have tried to answer email and do other things, only to find my caps locked. If anyone would like to help, I wil gladly share my script for them to look at. It is very amateurish but works.
Peruvian owls always hunt in pairs because they are inca hoots.
89 Decibels? Easy Peasy ! https://youtu.be/aSKR55RDVpk
redrun
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by redrun »

Hello again Phil!
I think this script instruction might be what you're looking for. Try adding this to the top of your CapsLock script:

Code: Select all

SetCapsLockState, Off
It should turn CapsLock back off immediately, so you can type anything else without suspending your script... until you actually need CapsLock, that is. :D
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

redrun wrote: August 15th, 2022, 12:30 pm Hello again Phil!
I think this script instruction might be what you're looking for. Try adding this to the top of your CapsLock script:

Code: Select all

SetCapsLockState, Off
It should turn CapsLock back off immediately, so you can type anything else without suspending your script... until you actually need CapsLock, that is. :D
Should I put this at the top of my script or at the bottom?
redrun
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by redrun »

You can do either, but I'd put it at the top myself. That way, CapsLock turns off immediately, instead of waiting for your other script instructions to run first.
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

redrun wrote: August 15th, 2022, 12:43 pm You can do either, but I'd put it at the top myself. That way, CapsLock turns off immediately, instead of waiting for your other script instructions to run first.
Thank you. I put it at the top and it works like a charm! This is going to simplify my life a LOT. :thumbs: