Please listen to my later recording and help me pick a new mic

Post your questions & get help from friendly LibriVoxers
Marya999

Post by Marya999 »

Well, I want to start recording again. And Ihave a bit more of a budget this time.

I'm looking for some help picking a new mic. If you would like to listen to my later recordings and tell me what would be an upgrade from a JLab Condenser...

(((And please be kind in your comments re my recordings... Some people kind of fragile lol)))

Kind regards, Marya
lightcrystal

Post by lightcrystal »

Marya999 wrote: April 21st, 2022, 8:43 pm Well, I want to start recording again. And Ihave a bit more of a budget this time.

I'm looking for some help picking a new mic. If you would like to listen to my later recordings and tell me what would be an upgrade from a JLab Condenser...

(((And please be kind in your comments re my recordings... Some people kind of fragile lol)))

Kind regards, Marya
Your handle is Marya James in the catalogues?
Fan of all 80s pop music except Meatloaf.
lightcrystal

Post by lightcrystal »

I have listened to a few. There was breaking through at the top end. That could be peaking that you could deal with in your DAW by normalizing or a hard limiter. It could also be the microphone.

I would be reluctant to recommend a microphone. People are different. You could listen to the LibriVox microphone shoot outs. I use a Yeti Blue USB microphone on a swing stand. It was an enormous improvement to the cheap microphone that I began with. But you might hate that microphone or it might not suit your voice.
Fan of all 80s pop music except Meatloaf.