Advice: Extension to link to text fragments

Post your questions & get help from friendly LibriVoxers
DyeffersonAz

Post by DyeffersonAz »

I've found an extension that is available to the most popular web browsers and is maintained by Google that creates links that lead to text fragments. Thinking that could be useful somehow to a BC in some specific situations I'm making this topic.
Well, say you have a book in Project Gutenberg or any book that is not in a PDF/Epub. If this book does not already have a table of contents, where you can copy the link to the section or your project won't follow those specific chapters/sections, you can select a specific part of the page you would like to create a URL to and with a right-click you can copy the link to that specific part you selected so that people that follow that URL are led to that specific portion of the website.
There is also a video showcasing what I'm talking about.
I don't know if any of this could be beneficial to anything here, but I'd like to share it anyway! :)

P.S.: This is my 100th post! :birthday:
ChristopherW

Post by ChristopherW »

FWIW, Chrome version 97 has this feature built-in (select some text on a page, right-click, and select "Copy link to highlight"). It was added some time after version 91.
DyeffersonAz

Post by DyeffersonAz »

ChristopherW wrote: January 25th, 2022, 4:45 pm FWIW, Chrome version 97 has this feature built-in (select some text on a page, right-click, and select "Copy link to highlight"). It was added some time after version 91.
Oh, thanks for the information! I use Firefox, so I'm not too much into Chrome!