Is it ok if a project catalogued 2021-10-28 is not on youtube yet? [FIXED]

Everything except LibriVox (yes, this is where knitting gets discussed. Now includes non-LV Volunteers Wanted projects)
HannaPonomarenko

Post by HannaPonomarenko »

Hi! I wonder how the process of publishing on youtube goes. Is it ok if project https://librivox.org/maskarad-by-elena-pchilka catalogued 2021-10-28 is not on youtube yet?

Thank you
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

We don't put them on YouTube; someone else does. They are a member of the forum, so I'll send them a PM with a link to this thread. :)
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine
HannaPonomarenko

TriciaG wrote: December 3rd, 2021, 2:02 pm We don't put them on YouTube; someone else does. They are a member of the forum, so I'll send them a PM with a link to this thread. :)
Thank you!
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Just to make it clear - it is not part of the cataloguing process. Neither are any of the apps - they are totally run by the people who own them. And it is seldom a full-time occupation, so it happens if it happens when it happens.
We do not own them , we do not run them, we have no control over them.
So I don't really think you can expect things to happen in a few days. Or us to know anything about it , I assume it is some sort of batch processing.

Anne
HannaPonomarenko

annise wrote: December 3rd, 2021, 4:20 pm Just to make it clear - it is not part of the cataloguing process. Neither are any of the apps - they are totally run by the people who own them. And it is seldom a full-time occupation, so it happens if it happens when it happens.
We do not own them , we do not run them, we have no control over them.
So I don't really think you can expect things to happen in a few days. Or us to know anything about it , I assume it is some sort of batch processing.

Anne
Thank you Anne for the clarification. I also thought it was a batch processing, but many newer projects are already on YouTube. That's why I asked (in a wrong place).
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

not knowing if it is the answer or not, but it could be a problem with the alphabet maybe ? so they may fail in the batch processing and need individual handling but it is a total guess.
Anne

added - not a total guess - just a possibility an outsider sees :D
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

viewtopic.php?p=1957553#p1957553 so maybe it hasn't a cover yet?

Anne
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

It has a cover, for a few days now. :)
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

Was it ever taken down from the catalogue for editing and then put up again? I know that confused the youtube uplaod script for this project and it never got onto youtube as a result.
American Trials Vol. 3 95% 5 left!
Female Scripture Characters by William Jay (1769 - 1853) 93% 2 left!
Devotional Commentary: Apocalypse 85%
Emotions
PL pls: DPL DPL DPL 43 27-28
BengtW

Post by BengtW »

I will investigate this and get back once I figured it out. Thanks for letting me know.
BengtW

Post by BengtW »

I think you discovered a real rabbit hole with this one. It seems not to be the only one not scheduled for uploading due to a regular expression not finding it. Need a bit more digging but it will be uploaded but I am afriad a big queue will appear :oops:

Update: So the script, when iterating the result from the API, filtered out "invalid" links like to ones to the forum projects to only get the links to completed projects. It did include checking the link ending with / which seems not true for all projects as about 80 of them are valid bit does not end with /. This is now fixed and 80 "new" recordings are in the queue. It will probably take some time now to catch up. Thank you for reporting this. :thumbs:
rredmond

Post by rredmond »

Wow. Thank you for doing all that BengtW!
:clap: :clap: :clap:
HannaPonomarenko

BengtW wrote: December 4th, 2021, 1:46 am I think you discovered a real rabbit hole with this one. It seems not to be the only one not scheduled for uploading due to a regular expression not finding it. Need a bit more digging but it will be uploaded but I am afriad a big queue will appear :oops:

Update: So the script, when iterating the result from the API, filtered out "invalid" links like to ones to the forum projects to only get the links to completed projects. It did include checking the link ending with / which seems not true for all projects as about 80 of them are valid bit does not end with /. This is now fixed and 80 "new" recordings are in the queue. It will probably take some time now to catch up. Thank you for reporting this. :thumbs:
Huge thank you :thumbs:
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

BengtW wrote: December 4th, 2021, 1:46 am I think you discovered a real rabbit hole with this one. It seems not to be the only one not scheduled for uploading due to a regular expression not finding it. Need a bit more digging but it will be uploaded but I am afriad a big queue will appear :oops:

While we're reporting small bugs, this video says "read by" in the title without naming anyone.
American Trials Vol. 3 95% 5 left!
Female Scripture Characters by William Jay (1769 - 1853) 93% 2 left!
Devotional Commentary: Apocalypse 85%
Emotions
PL pls: DPL DPL DPL 43 27-28
BengtW

Post by BengtW »

Thank you, I corrected it.