Microphone Experiences and concerns [Snowball Yeti]

Post your questions & get help from friendly LibriVoxers
lightcrystal

Post by lightcrystal »

Last year I bought a snowball Yeti microphone. It is on a three legged stand. Last year I was doing some Discord team gaming and it worked well for that.

Now for this I have set it up again. This time I have moved my keyboard and mouse/pad to the left to avoid the "knock the microphone over the cliff" that happened last year. It's a sturdy microphone. But I am going to avoid that. Also, it's surround sound so it picks up background noise like birds. Last year some of the gaming partners asked if I was living in a swamp with frogs! To avoid that issue I will probably record my Librivox at night.

The one thing that drives me nuts about the snowball is that its red on light wallops you in the face. I've tried many things to cover the light up. Now I have stuck two adhesive things to cover the red light.That is an improvement. No idea why you would make a microphone so eyeball busting.

Any thoughts about this? Any fellow snowball yeti users? It sounds great. I know that many people record happily with much worse microphones; it's probably more than I need.

Thank you
I'm a geek. I wreck my computer. Then I fix it.