One-Minute Test Question

Post your questions & get help from friendly LibriVoxers
ZacharyJ

Post by ZacharyJ »

Hello, everyone!

I was looking at the directions for the One-Minute Test and it said that "it's best to submit a raw, unprocessed file." For my recordings, it's SOP for me to equalize, compress, etc. during the editing process, and so long as there are no issues, this is how I'll submit my readings. Should I still submit an unprocessed file?
sjmarky

Post by sjmarky »

We prefer an unprocessed file to start with, because if changes are needed we don't to start with undoing what's already been done to it. But if your audio passes, it passes, so go ahead and submit your processed file and I'll watch for it.
"Bringing you yesterday's tomorrow...today!"

My website
My Librivox reader page
ZacharyJ

Post by ZacharyJ »

Okay, thank you! Would it be alright if I submitted both versions? Also, I have a YouTube channel where I post readings. Would it be alright for me to upload the recordings I make on there?
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo »

Hi Zachary. Please upload your test to the tests folder on the LibriVox server. You can upload both versions if you wish. Post the links in a new thread in the Listeners Wanted forum.
Jo
ZacharyJ

Post by ZacharyJ »

Alrighty, I'll upload both versions once they're recorded. :) When you say "post the links," is that a yes concerning my YouTube channel?
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo »

No, it's not. Upload the your 1-minute test files to the tests folder on the LibriVox server as described here: https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=1-Minute_Test

Then paste the link(s) you get from the LibriVox uploader in a new post in the Listeners Wanted Forum: viewforum.php?f=21
Jo
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

To expand a little bit: since the test is to check for technical settings (volume, mono, 128 kbps constant bit rate, etc.), the YouTube recordings don't help us. They have different audio settings - and figuring out how to download audio from there to check the tech specs? Forgettaboutit. :lol:

So yeah, the tests get uploaded to our uploader. ;)
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine
ZacharyJ

Post by ZacharyJ »

Okay, I think there's some miscommunication going on here. What I'm wondering is if it's okay if I take recordings I make for LibriVox, and upload them onto YouTube.
Peter Why

Post by Peter Why »

Definitely .... ".... This recording is in the public domain ..." Every recording made for LibriVox is released into the public domain, and anyone can do anything they want with it.

Peter
"I think, therefore I am, I think." Solomon Cohen, in Terry Pratchett's Dodger
ZacharyJ

Post by ZacharyJ »

Okay, fantastic! Just wanted to make sure. :) Thank you!
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

So don't be surprised if other people also take your recordings and put them on their YouTube channels :mrgreen: