What do I select?

Post your questions & get help from friendly LibriVoxers
Inni

Post by Inni »

Hi, this is my first time recording an audio-text. How do I know what to select, and is it okay if someone's already done it? Is there 'to-do-list' of audiobooks that haven't been covered yet?
Thank you for taking your time to answer this, means a lot!
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

(1) start with your 1-minute test to be sure your tech settings are all OK.

Then (2) go to the Readers Wanted forums (there are three: books, short works, and dramatic works) and claim & record a bit in some group projects to get your feet wet. Instructions are all in the first post of each thread.

After that you can consider doing solo work if you like. There's no "to do" list, but there is a Book Suggestions forum if you need ideas, so I suppose that is kinda a "to do" list. :) It's OK to do a book someone else has done, but it is nice when readers branch out and do something new rather than the 17th version of Anne of Green Gables. :lol:
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine
mlepage

Post by mlepage »

I should think that now that we are once again getting new works into the Public Domain yearly, that might be a good place to start?

Can one start recording next year's PD works, in preparation for when they become PD?
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

No, please don't do that.

We don't break copyright on the forums (so you'll have to wait to post a new project until January 1st), and we do not want you to break copyright in your home either.

There's plenty of already PD books to choose from. :D
Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox, channelling
Granny Weatherwax: "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com