How do I find collaborative projects?

Post your questions & get help from friendly LibriVoxers
DarrenMayhem

Post by DarrenMayhem »

Hello there,

My test recording was just approved, and I'm finding it hard to figure out how to start on a project. The "About" section suggests starting with "collaborative" projects. Should I just search the forum on the word "collaborative"? Is there a simple way to find current projects that are collaborative and current?

Thanks!
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Hi Darren :)

collaborative projects are all the projects that are not in the "Going Solo" subforum.

It really depends what you want to read. There are 4 subforums that are looking for readers, all called "Readers Wanted".

if you like:

1. poetry or short stories, go to "Short Works": viewforum.php?f=19
2. novels or non-fiction, usually with longer chapters, go to "Books": viewforum.php?f=2
3. to participate in stage plays or dramatic readings, go to "Dramatic works": viewforum.php?f=27
4. to read in a language other than English, go to "Languages other than English": viewforum.php?f=27

Any project in those 4 subforums is still looking for readers. If a book interests you, check out the Magic Window in the first post, to look for sections that are still OPEN in the final column. Then post your claim ("I want to read Section Number xy") in the thread and wait for approval before starting on the recording. That way we make sure there are no double claims for the same section.

If you still have any questions, don't hesitate to ask. :)

Welcome to the forum !

Sonia
I will be on vacation from Wednesday 27 March till Sunday 14 April
and unable to PL during that time. Thank you for your patience.
lorda
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by lorda »

Hello,

you can look here (viewforum.php?f=19) or here (viewforum.php?f=2).
All the threads with Readers Wanted are good to start with.
Bernd
Don't dream it - be it. (Dr. Frank N. Furter)
How much free time would we have without all this computer stuff?

reader page of lorda

Bambi - 7 Abschnitte frei
Sonnenuntergang - 3 Rollen unbesetzt
I will be on vacation from March 28 to April 1.