PL errors from long ago

Post your questions & get help from friendly LibriVoxers
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

Is there any action to be taken if I'm listening to an old recording (not my own) and I discover something that should have been picked up in PL but wasn't?

I came across a missed edit at 14:07 of section 12 here today: https://librivox.org/institutes-of-the-christian-religion-book-1-by-john-calvin/
Medieval History Volume 02 The Rise of the Saracens and the Foundation of the Western Empire 99% 1 left! "The Carlovingian Revolution, and Frankish Intervention in Italy Part 3 by G. L. Burr"
DPL DPL 27 19 43
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

As the MC of that project, I would need to be convinced it was a very serious miss - like a missing chapter for example - to be interested in fixing it - we would like 100% correct but we accept less. If there is a miss - it is more the "fault" of the reader - readers are expected to upload "perfect" files, so 2 people have passed it as OK.

Anne
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

I listened to it, it's a tiny editing glitch after the "end of section" statement, just before the end of the recording. Not worth fixing after 12 years and almost 80000 downloads.

Replacing an old recording is quite a pain and for very old projects, the recording has propagated through the internet so we'll never catch all of the wrong instances anyway. It's only worth doing when whole paragraphs are missing or a wrong chapter was read/uploaded - as Anne says, a serious miss.
Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox, channelling
Granny Weatherwax: "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

I often hear repeats & stumbles in old recordings. I remember that someone reading to me in person would probably stumble a bit, too, and dismiss it.

As a proof-listener, I have caught myself not listening to the very end of some files, so I see how this kind of error could happen.
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

The moral of the story is, I will take of my PLer hat and enjoy the recording!
Medieval History Volume 02 The Rise of the Saracens and the Foundation of the Western Empire 99% 1 left! "The Carlovingian Revolution, and Frankish Intervention in Italy Part 3 by G. L. Burr"
DPL DPL 27 19 43