Help needed as a PL [SOLVED]

Post your questions & get help from friendly LibriVoxers
Aysh

Post by Aysh »

Hi!
I'm completely new to LibriVox and I've decided to start by helping out with proof-listening. I've just finished Chapter 2 of 'A Mummer's Wife' by George Moore but since the post is locked, I'm unable to update the status within the Magic Window or post on the thread to express my desire to proof-listen to Chapters 3-7. Could someone please direct me on what I should do?
Thank you
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo »

Hi Aysh. You will not be able to update the MW unless you are the Dedicated Prooflistener DPL for a project. To post your PL notes, or volunteer to be the DPL, go to the original project thread.

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=87102

The thread in the Listeners Wanted forum is just an advertisement for a PL or DPL. All the actual work on the project happens in the project thread itself. :)
Jo
Darvinia
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Darvinia »

Understandable confusion. The link to the project thread was missing in the advertisement. I've added it.
Bev

There's nothing you can't prove if your outlook is only sufficiently limited. - Lord Peter Wimsey
I yam what I yam, and that's all what I yam - Popeye, the sailor man
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice - Neil Peart
Aysh

Post by Aysh »

Hi Jo and Bev,

Thank you so much for your help! I'm able to access the project thread now.

Aysh
anneflebari

Post by anneflebari »

Darvinia wrote: June 14th, 2021, 10:10 am Understandable confusion. The link to the project thread was missing in the advertisement. I've added it.
My error! Haven't used this template before, found it a bit confusing:)Thanks Darvinia for correcting and Aysh and Lynda for volunteering...without our PLs and admins nothing would get finished (and you may be the only ones in the world who will ever listen to these recordings!!) Ah well, back to my walk-in cupboard (it's where I record:) cheers, Anne :D