question about posting 1 minute test [SOLVED]

Post your questions & get help from friendly LibriVoxers
tarzazanfan

Post by tarzazanfan »

Hi,
I have recorded and I believe I've uploaded, but unsure whether I got a link. I see only the name of my file and the size of it.
I would appreciate any help/thought/info on this. Thanks.

Leslie
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Doesn't sound like it. When it finishes uploading, the file name will turn into a blue hyperlink.

After you add the file, did you click the blue Start button? If so, did anything happen?
tarzazanfan

Post by tarzazanfan »

What I had was a green button. I waited a good while and nothing happened, so I logged out of my browser and I was about to try in edge. Had a bit of trouble with logging on.
I am going to try again
tarzazanfan

Post by tarzazanfan »

thanks for the help mightyfelix . I got better result once I switched browser.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Good to know. What browser were you using the first time around, if you don't mind? It helps to know, in case someone else has the same problem later on.
tarzazanfan

Post by tarzazanfan »

I think at the time it was Firefox (too long ago (!) to be sure. Not sure which one I used to better result, it may have been Edge or some version of the other MS browser. Usually I don't have any problem with FF. I may have had something else going on. Especially since I just goofed my attempt at loading my edited test (one would not believe I've put together computers, yet I can't seem to handle this :lol: )
I was trying to highlight the password at the page that details the steps to upload, nothing was happening - it seemed - but those must have been attempts to login. So now I have tried too many times!!! Anyone knows how long before I may try again for real?
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

You can't highlight the password for the uploader because it's an image. We intentionally made it harder to harvest so spambots or other automated bad guys couldn't use it. :)

I don't know the lockout time, or if there even is one. The password has no number 1's in it; it's all lowercase L's.
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine