Should I Add an Extra Author or Not?

Post your questions & get help from friendly LibriVoxers
DariaAM

Post by DariaAM »

Hi everyone,

I am considering to record a book by Thornton W. Burgess and Harrison Cady called Billy Mink. Technically, there are two authors, but I am wondering if I should just add T. Burgess to the NEW PROJECT TEMPLATE GENERATOR and leave H. Cady out. I am determining to add H. Cady because he wrote other books with T. Burgess such as Lightfoot the Deer, Buster Bear, Mr. Mocker, etc ... but in all those stories, only T. Burgess is credited on them. Why? What should I do? :hmm:
Daria

Readers wanted:
The Robber’s Cave
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

From what I can tell, Harrison Cady was the illustrator, not an author. So he would not be included as an author.

P.S. Thornton W. Burgess died in 1965, so he's still under copyright in Australia. You would be breaking Australian copyright law if you recorded his works.
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine
DariaAM

Post by DariaAM »

Good grief! I can’t believe that I didn’t realize Harrison Cady was an illustrator! :oops: Thank you for confirming that. It’s pretty disappointing that Billy Mink is under copyright in Australia, let alone all Burgess’s books, but I am very grateful you let me know before I broke the copyright restrictions and got into big trouble! Next time, I’ll take careful precaution for this to never happen again. :wink:

Thanks Tricia,
Daria.
Daria

Readers wanted:
The Robber’s Cave