Reading and submitting to collections - requirement

Post your questions & get help from friendly LibriVoxers
JGParenti

Post by JGParenti »

An obvious newbie question.
I have noticed that there are open collections (like sci-fi ad ghost stories) that have open slots and do not have any need to claim a section. We just find the public domain story and upload it once finished. But my question is: Do we need to check if there is already a recorded version of this story already completed? If so, how? (basically, I wanted to make sure I was not going to choose a short story, read and edit it, then find out it was simply a duplicate.)
Thank you.
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

No, you don't need to check.

Well, I amend that: check to make sure it hasn't been done in that specific collection yet.

We've got a gazillion versions of Poe's The Raven in a bunch of different collections. ;)
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine
JGParenti

Post by JGParenti »

Thank you
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo »

If you wish to confirm that you are not reading something that has already been done in one of the collections, you can search for the title in the catalog. However, there is nothing stopping you from reading something that has been done before, just as Tricia said as long as it is not already in the current collection. At this point, it may be hard to find unique sci-fi short stories, but possibly not impossible. :)
Jo