Updating "listeners wanted" posts

Post your questions & get help from friendly LibriVoxers
Kazbek
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kazbek »

The instructions say that we should change "WANTED" to "FOUND" after listeners have been found, but I don't think I can make that change in a locked post. Am I missing something? Should the instructions be changed to something that works?

Thanks,
Michael
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

I believe the admins either do that for you or they delete the post once listeners have been found?
~ πš˜πš— πš‘πš’πšŠπšπšžπšœ ~
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

I THINK you can still edit a post that's locked to replies. (We lock 'em so that people don't reply in the ad, but are forced to post in the project thread.) If you can, then do please change it from Wanted to Found.

Admins periodically check to see if there are any threads in there to be removed, but you can let your MC know it can be removed. (Sometimes we delete it, sometimes we just un-stick it so it drifts down the thread list. Which we do depends on the phase of the moon, what we had for lunch, and what color our LV-issued mood ring is at that moment.)
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

mood ring? Why did I never get one of those?

Oh... you mean because I'm constantly in a bad mood anyway? Okay... :(
Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox, channelling
Granny Weatherwax: "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

You didn't get one? It must have gotten lost in the mail!
Kazbek
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kazbek »

I have a vague recollection of being able to update a listener wanted post once. I'm not sure if I'm imagining it. In any case, now I only get the exclamatory report button. I don't know if the system has changed. I'll contact the MC. Should we update the wiki to reflect the current state of affairs?

https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/ProofListening_Template

Michael
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Hmm.

I think it would be nice to know how long one has to edit the post before we remove the info about editing it. (I hope that makes sense.) In other words, we should be sure that people can't edit the post before we remove the instruction.

I see it says "Whenever there aren't any new sections that need PL, please edit your post subject to say "IP - Listeners FOUND: Title by Author." When new sections are complete, simply change the subject back to "Listeners WANTED." It is quite frustrating for potential PLers to look through Listeners WANTED threads with no open sections! When you've found a DPL, please contact your MC and ask for the PL thread to be deleted from the forum."

Funny - that's not how I usually work with Wanted/Found. It makes sense, though! That is, if the BC can edit their post to change it from Wanted to Found and back again.

EDIT to add: I un-stickied your LW post. :)
EDIT2: Or wait - it might be the wrong one! The multilingual one, or the Cambridge one?
Kazbek
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kazbek »

It's the Cambridge one. I've contacted the MC, so it's going to work out either way. :)

Thanks,
Michael
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

We could add a sentence in the instructions, in the lines of "if you can't edit the post, ask your MC/an admin to change it for you

I also don't think a non-admin member can edit their post after it's been locked.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

There are two different types of "locked." When the topic is locked, no one can reply to it. When the post is locked, it can't be edited. It's possible to have one without the other. But I'm not sure how they differ visually.
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

An admin can lock an individual post in a thread (without locking the whole thread/topic) so that the post can't be edited, but when the whole topic/thread is locked, all posts are locked and non-editable.