Editing the MW to Add Multiple Readers

Post your questions & get help from friendly LibriVoxers
wib66

Post by wib66 »

When co ordingating a play or dramatic read and we have to put multiple readers against the files they are in. Is there a way to enter multiple readers in sections at the same time or do you have to do it one at a time. Many thanks in anticipation. :help:
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

You can add multiple readers to one section using their reader numbers, separated by a comma:

1234,3157,4226 into the reader name field.

But then, you'll have to know their reader numbers to do that.

EDIT: I do not know if you could add the same multiple readers to more than one section using this method. I don't see why you can't, but I don't want to experiment. 8-)
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine
wib66

Post by wib66 »

TriciaG wrote: April 10th, 2021, 2:29 pm You can add multiple readers to one section using their reader numbers, separated by a comma:

1234,3157,4226 into the reader name field.

But then, you'll have to know their reader numbers to do that.
Got you thanks for that handy to know. If I create the cast list first I can gather the numbers then add them in the MW. Love it when there is a shortcut. Many thanks
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
wib66

Post by wib66 »

TriciaG thank you so much that has saved so much time doing it that way. :9:
Michele