advice on setting up for recording

Post your questions & get help from friendly LibriVoxers
Happiness1

Post by Happiness1 »

Hi everyone.

Now that I have recorded my first audio file, there is another question I need to ask. The piece I recorded was approximately 19 A4 pages on msword. What I find very complicated is keeping audacity open on one side and then keeping the narrative piece open at the same time and working between the two. The scrolling often scrolls too fast and I lose my place or the clicking of the down arrow adds noise to the recording. Now I need to listen to the recording and fix errors so same problem, how to keep track between the reading and the recording. Does anyone have advice on how one can do this better without printing out the 19 pages please?
lorda
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by lorda »

Hello Happiness 1,

I sometimes have a teleprompter. I installed it on my tablet (Elegant Teleprompter) and PC (Teleprompter - can't remember the source).
The program works with TXT files.
Scrolling, text size and color can be adjusted.
Scrolling can also be influenced by the mouse (PC) or swipe (Android).

Greetings from Germany. :)
Bernd
Don't dream it - be it. (Dr. Frank N. Furter)
How much free time would we have without all this computer stuff?

reader page of lorda

Bambi - 7 Abschnitte frei
Sonnenuntergang - 3 Rollen unbesetzt
I will be on vacation from March 28 to April 1.
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

There is no best way, just what works best for each individual reader.

When I edit in Audacity, I keep Audacity as a top window, but not full screen, just the size of the single track, and I keep the text underneath, at maximized window. So I can scroll with the mouse wheel, even though Audacity is the top window (If I click on the text, that will bring the text window at the top and bury Audacity underneath).

When I record, I don't really need to look at audacity. Only at the beginning, just to make sure it has started recording, and that it's recording at a good volume. I don't really mind the clicks and such noises, because I will delete them when editing.

I have also done it with the text on a different screen (on my phone).
anneflebari

Post by anneflebari »

I download the text onto my tablet and use Read Era (free app) to read it...can change font, lighting etc and swipe at whatever speed I like! Anne
JordanN

Post by JordanN »

Happiness1 wrote: April 8th, 2021, 4:07 am Hi everyone.

Now that I have recorded my first audio file, there is another question I need to ask. The piece I recorded was approximately 19 A4 pages on msword. What I find very complicated is keeping audacity open on one side and then keeping the narrative piece open at the same time and working between the two. The scrolling often scrolls too fast and I lose my place or the clicking of the down arrow adds noise to the recording. Now I need to listen to the recording and fix errors so same problem, how to keep track between the reading and the recording. Does anyone have advice on how one can do this better without printing out the 19 pages please?
I often use Apple Books on my iPad. I use the Pencil to make notes before and after the recording.
Happiness1

Post by Happiness1 »

Thanks for the help. I'll try it another way. I don't have an ipad but I'll work it out.