How do I edit a project

Post your questions & get help from friendly LibriVoxers
Marreran

Post by Marreran »

Hello,

I am a newbie. I need to edit my solo project. Where do I find the project I created? Thanks for the help!

marreran
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

I can't see anything you have created anywhere. Could you tell us what you have done so far? Have you uploaded something?

Anne
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Maybe you tried to set up a new project ?
Did you fill in a template ? If so you need to post the template in a post.
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

Please, before you do a solo, you need to do your 1-minute test so we can make sure your equipment is working well.

And it's also a good idea to start with a couple of sections in a group project so you learn how we do things here. We have group projects in Spanish too. :D
Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox, channelling
Granny Weatherwax: "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

[Moved from the Launch Pad to Need Help]
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Marreran

Post by Marreran »

annise wrote: March 3rd, 2021, 7:42 pm Maybe you tried to set up a new project ?
Did you fill in a template ? If so you need to post the template in a post.
I filled the template and submitted it. I then saved to my computer a file that is long and in a text format. There was an error in the link that specifies the location of the public domain text that I will be recording. I need to correct that error. Thanks!
Marreran

Post by Marreran »

Availle wrote: March 3rd, 2021, 7:44 pm Please, before you do a solo, you need to do your 1-minute test so we can make sure your equipment is working well.

And it's also a good idea to start with a couple of sections in a group project so you learn how we do things here. We have group projects in Spanish too. :D
I will do the test. My apologies for my errors. Thanks!
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

It's not enough just to upload it, you need to post about it - we don't know when things are just uploaded. For your test you upload the file and the uploader gives you the URL. If you can tell me what folder you uploaded the template to I might be able to find it.

Anne
Marreran

Post by Marreran »

annise wrote: March 4th, 2021, 2:10 pm It's not enough just to upload it, you need to post about it - we don't know when things are just uploaded. For your test you upload the file and the uploader gives you the URL. If you can tell me what folder you uploaded the template to I might be able to find it.

Anne
Unfortunately, I have no idea where I uploaded the template. When it uploaded, it gave a file that had these words, which I saved it:

Reina Valera: El Primer Libro de Crónicas, by Casiodoro de Reina, translated by Cipriano de Valera
(Summary by )
Source text (please read only from this text!): http://gutenberg.org/ebooks/5881

Target completion date: 2021-04-30

Prooflistening level: Standard
Prospective PLs, please see the Guide for Proof-listeners.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just did my 1 minute test and posted in the Listeners and Editors Wanted.

Thanks again!
Marreran

Post by Marreran »

annise wrote: March 4th, 2021, 2:10 pm It's not enough just to upload it, you need to post about it - we don't know when things are just uploaded. For your test you upload the file and the uploader gives you the URL. If you can tell me what folder you uploaded the template to I might be able to find it.

Anne
I found this; not sure if it reveals anything on the whereabouts of the form I submitted. Anyway thanks!

[*]Project Code: EsE9CyNH
[*]Link to author on Wikipedia (if available):
[*]Link to title on Wikipedia (if available):
[*]Number of sections (files) this project will have: 29
[*]Does the project have an introduction or preface: No
[*]Original publication date (if known):
[*]If you are a new volunteer, how would you like your name (or pseudonym) credited in the catalog? Angel Marrero
[*]Do you have a URL you would like associated with your name?:
[/list]
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

You will need to take the whole code that is generated and shown in the box, and copy/paste it into a new post in the Launch Pad.

Here are a couple videos:

"I'm new! What do I read first?" https://youtu.be/ExS71WYtUIc
Doing your first solo (this link will take you to the part of the video right when he generates the code: https://youtu.be/a9H99OSKKA4?t=437

We HIGHLY recommend starting out with a section or two in a group project before starting a solo. This is to make sure you know what you're getting into. Recording a whole book isn't as easy as it seems. It isn't simply sitting down and recording. There's editing to do - and that often can take up to 5 times as long as recording does. In my experience, a ballpark estimate of 95% of brand new readers who start with a solo end up quitting before finishing. Please test the waters first before jumping in. :) Not only that, you're basically alone in a solo: you are the coordinator, and unless you have a very friendly DPL, you won't get much encouragement while doing your solo. :)

(One final hint: If you are doing a Spanish solo, change the language in the upper right corner dropdown to Spanish. It will change the whole page and the resulting code into Spanish.)
Marreran

Post by Marreran »

TriciaG wrote: March 5th, 2021, 5:52 am You will need to take the whole code that is generated and shown in the box, and copy/paste it into a new post in the Launch Pad.

Here are a couple videos:

"I'm new! What do I read first?" https://youtu.be/ExS71WYtUIc
Doing your first solo (this link will take you to the part of the video right when he generates the code: https://youtu.be/a9H99OSKKA4?t=437

We HIGHLY recommend starting out with a section or two in a group project before starting a solo. This is to make sure you know what you're getting into. Recording a whole book isn't as easy as it seems. It isn't simply sitting down and recording. There's editing to do - and that often can take up to 5 times as long as recording does. In my experience, a ballpark estimate of 95% of brand new readers who start with a solo end up quitting before finishing. Please test the waters first before jumping in. :) Not only that, you're basically alone in a solo: you are the coordinator, and unless you have a very friendly DPL, you won't get much encouragement while doing your solo. :)

(One final hint: If you are doing a Spanish solo, change the language in the upper right corner dropdown to Spanish. It will change the whole page and the resulting code into Spanish.)
Thanks for your patience with me! I viewed the videos and now I understand about the code generated. My project would be in Spanish, so would I need to generate a project with the setting in Spanish, as you recommended?

On audio editing, for many years I have edited audio for a radio program. I am, as you have seen, ignorant about the Librivox process to create and post projects, so I take your recommendation about starting with a section in a group project very seriously. That will help me understand better the process. How do I go about that? Thank you so much!
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

I think it makes sense to make the template in Spanish. That way your introduction and end wordings are already in Spanish for you. :)

How to join a group project:
https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=Gu%C3%ADa_Para_Nuevos_Lectores#Pedir_una_secci.C3.B3n