Mouse click sounds in recording

Post your questions & get help from friendly LibriVoxers
Katharina21

Post by Katharina21 »

My microphone keeps picking up mouse clicks, so sometimes when I stop and start a recording, there are distracting clicks in the recording. Any advice on how to fix this issue would be appreciated. The Noise Reduction does not work. I do know how to edit them out but how can I find them, or avoid the issue? Thank you!
Katharina
BettyB

Post by BettyB »

For several years I have been using the Shhhh mouse available on Amazon. It has done an excellent job of
Keeping those nasty clicks out of the recordings.

BettyB
lorda
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by lorda »

Katharina21 wrote: February 25th, 2021, 12:41 pm My microphone keeps picking up mouse clicks, so sometimes when I stop and start a recording, there are distracting clicks in the recording. Any advice on how to fix this issue would be appreciated. The Noise Reduction does not work. I do know how to edit them out but how can I find them, or avoid the issue? Thank you!
Katharina
Hallo Katharina,

ich habe auch das Problem mit den Klicks am Anfang und Ende einer Aufnahme bzw. eines Takes. Ich lösche sie von Hand raus.
Wenn ich das Stück fertig aufgenommen habe muß ich wegen meines schweren Atmens sowieso alle Atempausen nachbearbeiten (amplify -10 dB). Somit ist es bei mir kein höherer Aufwand.
Ist die Aufnahme fertig, höre ich sie mir nochmals komplett an, um Mouthklicks und andere Störgeräusche so gut als möglich zu entfernen.
Das ist zwar zeitaufwendig, doch gehört es für mich schon zum normalen Ablauf dazu.

Liebe Grüße aus der Pfalz. :)

PS: Wenn ich die Aufnahme unterbreche, beginne ich den neuen Take in einer neuen Spur und lese den letzten Satz des vorherigen Takes nochmal. Somit kann ich gezielt die neue Passage ausschneiden und an den vorherigen Take anhängen (copy - paste, dann die neue Spur löschen). Die Mausklicks kommen somit nicht so sehr zur Geltung.
Bernd
Don't dream it - be it. (Dr. Frank N. Furter)
How much free time would we have without all this computer stuff?

reader page of lorda

Bambi - 7 Abschnitte frei
Sonnenuntergang - 2 Rollen frei
schrm

Post by schrm »

ebenso!
ich bearbeite alle ticks, clicks und mouthnoises raus - aber ich zoome rein, markiere den click und verstärke in audacity von minus 3? bis minus 40. (trial and error verfahren: ausprobieren, anhören, rückgängig, ausprobieren....)
so sind keine pausen beim sprechen, keine störgeräusche und auf jeden fall auch die sprechpausen nicht kürzer als ich sie während des vorlesens intuitiv machte.
der aufwand ist vielleicht zu gross; aber ich mache mich selbst narrisch, wenn ich das nicht tue.
cheers
wolfi
reader/12275
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Google Translate wrote:Hello Katharina,

I also have the problem with the clicks at the beginning and end of a recording or take. I delete them by hand.
When I have finished recording the piece, I have to rework all the breathing pauses anyway (amplify -10 dB) because of my breathing difficulties. So it is not a higher effort for me.
When the recording is finished, I listen to it again in full in order to remove mouth clicks and other interference noises as well as possible.
It's time-consuming, but for me it is part of the normal process.

Greetings from the Palatinate. :)

PS: If I interrupt the recording, I start the new take in a new track and read the last sentence of the previous take again. So I can cut out the new passage and append it to the previous take (copy-paste, then delete the new track). The mouse clicks are therefore not so effective.
Bernd

as well!
I edit all ticks, clicks and mouth noises out - but I zoom in, mark the click and increase in audacity from minus 3? up to minus 40 (trial and error procedure: try, listen, undo, try ...)
there are no pauses in speaking, no disturbing noises and in any case the pauses in speaking are not shorter than I made them intuitively while reading.
the effort is perhaps too great; But I make myself foolish when I don't
I translated these for those who don't know German. ;)

I use the de-clicker plugin rather then deleting them. Here is a link to a discussion of it: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=52753

I do not run it over the whole file because it can take out clicks I want (T, D, K sounds), but when editing, I highlight the click(s) and do Effect/De-Clicker, then the next time I only have to highlight and do Ctrl-R, so it goes quickly.
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
schrm

Post by schrm »

i want to apologize, i didn't look up which part of the forum we are!

cheers,
wolfi
cheers
wolfi
reader/12275
Godzilla

Post by Godzilla »

Hi everyone, just wanted to say that, as a newbie, I was plagued and annoyed by having to clean up mouse clicks in my recordings! I finally looked on Amazon and they have lots of SILENT mice! I never knew such a thing existed! Of course I sent away for one and, voíla!, problem solved!!
GLORIA
aka Godzilla

"Oh no! There goes Tokyo! Go, go Godzilla!" -- Blue Oyster Cult
schrm

Post by schrm »

Godzilla wrote: August 14th, 2023, 1:05 am Hi everyone, just wanted to say that, as a newbie, I was plagued and annoyed by having to clean up mouse clicks in my recordings! I finally looked on Amazon and they have lots of SILENT mice! I never knew such a thing existed! Of course I sent away for one and, voíla!, problem solved!!
thank you! didn't know that!
cheers
wolfi
reader/12275
Godzilla

Post by Godzilla »

So glad I could help!!!
GLORIA
aka Godzilla

"Oh no! There goes Tokyo! Go, go Godzilla!" -- Blue Oyster Cult