Hathi pages being slow?

Post your questions & get help from friendly LibriVoxers
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

For anyone who sometimes uses texts from HathiTrust, I have a question. Lately, when I'm scrolling through a Hathi text, I've noticed that my browser window will freeze up after I scroll through about a page or a page and a half. And then I just have to sit and wait and wait and wait until my computer stops doing whatever it's doing, and then suddenly the page will catch up and finish scrolling. And sometimes it will then scroll too far, and I have to back up, and then I have to wait again while it thinks about doing that.

This wasn't too bad until recently, but now I can spend minutes at a time trying to find something in a text because I have to wait for 30 seconds or so just to go through more than a page or so. It seems like this problem is getting worse and worse for me, and I'm using Hathi for quite a lot of projects currently. I know that at least one or two others have had problems with them lately, but I'm wondering how widespread this issue is.

So, if you use Hathi, have you experienced this lately? Is it getting worse? Better? What browser are you using? Have you tried anything to alleviate it? Any suggestions that I should try? I need help!

:help:

EDIT: I've been using Chrome. I just realized that there is an update available. Do you think that would help?
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo »

Yes I see this at times as well. Also the pages will scroll but all are page not displayed until the browser finally catches up. I also use Chrome. Not sure if this is a browser or site issue?
Jo
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

My recording of The Everlasting Man was very tedious for this reason.