[solved]My Audacity files no longer sort by "date modified"

Post your questions & get help from friendly LibriVoxers
dronald

Post by dronald » February 1st, 2021, 10:20 pm

Hi all.

When I'm looking to open works in Audacity I no longer see a "most recent" or "date modified" tab. I just see name/#/Title/Contributing artists/Album.

This has been a pain when looking for what I've worked on most previously. Anyone know what I might have done and how to reverse?

Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle » February 2nd, 2021, 12:33 am

What exactly are you doing?

When I open audacity and click on "File", I get a dropdown. The first three entries there are New - Open... - Recent Files.

If I click on "Open..." I get a file explorer like in Windows with a number of columns. Right-click on the grey part in top and you can add any column you like, just choose from the dropdown there. [This seems to be the problem you're describing.]

If I click on "Recent Files" I get another dropdown with the files I worked on last. At the very bottom it says "Clear", it's possible that you clicked that one by accident, so this list has been deleted. There will be another list when you start working on files again though.
Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox. "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com

InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert » February 2nd, 2021, 3:03 am

dronald wrote:
February 1st, 2021, 10:20 pm
Hi all.

When I'm looking to open works in Audacity I no longer see a "most recent" or "date modified" tab. I just see name/#/Title/Contributing artists/Album.

This has been a pain when looking for what I've worked on most previously. Anyone know what I might have done and how to reverse?
You can right click on the columns in the open window and select the ones you want (eg, right click on name/#/Title/Contributing artists/Album).

TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG » February 2nd, 2021, 6:53 am

Windows drives me crazy with this. I want certain columns in my LV project windows, and they keep forcing me into a different pattern whenever I make a new folder. The folder should inherit the column structure of its parent (the folder it's created within)! :evil:

And the column display is different depending on if you are in just Windows, or if you have the window pop up when opening a file from within a program (if that makes sense. The action doesn't make sense, but my sentence may not, either.) So for any new folder, you have to fix the display twice.

Right click on the title of the columns, and check/uncheck the ones you want. You can drag and drop them into a different order, also.
We're MARCHing to the finish line! Join our project cleanup month initiative. Details HERE

dronald

Post by dronald » February 2nd, 2021, 8:10 am

Ah okay thanks. That fixes it!